On 19 Sep, 2017, WordPress 3.9.20 was released to the public.
To download WordPress 3.9.20, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site’s admin area or visit https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
- New To WordPress – Where to Start
- First Steps With WordPress or Upgrading WordPress Extended
- WordPress Lessons
From the WordPress 4.8.2 release post: WordPress versions 4.8.1 and earlier are affected by nine security issues:
$wpdb->prepare()can create unexpected and unsafe queries leading to potential SQL injection (SQLi). WordPress core is not directly vulnerable to this issue, but we’ve added hardening to prevent plugins and themes from accidentally causing a vulnerability. Reported by Slavco.
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability was discovered in the oEmbed discovery. Reported by xknown of the WordPress Security Team.
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability was discovered in the visual editor. Reported by Rodolfo Assis (@brutelogic) of Sucuri Security.
- A path traversal vulnerability was discovered in the file unzipping code. Reported by Alex Chapman (noxrnet).
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability was discovered in the plugin editor. Reported by 陈瑞琦 (Chen Ruiqi).
- An open redirect was discovered on the user and term edit screens. Reported by Yasin Soliman (ysx).
- A path traversal vulnerability was discovered in the customizer. Reported by Weston Ruter (westonruter) of the WordPress Security Team.
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability was discovered in template names. Reported by Luka (sikic).
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability was discovered in the link modal. Reported by Anas Roubi (qasuar).
List of Files Revised