On April 5, 2011, WordPress 3.1.1 was released to the public. This is a maintenance release with additional security fixes for all previous WordPress versions.
For version 3.1.1, the database version (db_version in wp_options) changed to 17516.
To download WordPress 3.1.1, visit https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
- New To WordPress – Where to Start
- First Steps With WordPress or Upgrading WordPress Extended
- WordPress Lessons
- Security hardening to media uploads (r17569)
- Prevent potential PHP crashes caused by complex hyperlinks (#16892)
- Correct minor XSS flaw on database upgrade screens (r17583)
- Fixed 26 tickets. A breakdown of bug fixes by component can be found on Trac.
List of Files Revised
wp-includes/admin-bar.php wp-includes/taxonomy.php wp-includes/post.php wp-includes/version.php wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js wp-includes/js/tinymce/wp-tinymce.js.gz wp-includes/functions.php wp-includes/query.php wp-includes/link-template.php wp-includes/wp-db.php wp-includes/formatting.php wp-includes/rewrite.php wp-includes/canonical.php wp-includes/css/admin-bar.css wp-includes/css/admin-bar.dev.css wp-includes/script-loader.php wp-includes/meta.php readme.html wp-admin/network.php wp-admin/includes/class-wp-ms-sites-list-table.php wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php wp-admin/includes/update-core.php wp-admin/includes/media.php wp-admin/media-upload.php wp-admin/network/settings.php wp-admin/network/admin.php wp-admin/upgrade.php wp-admin/user/admin.php