Aggregate RSS feeds. Auto post or use shortcode, excerpts w/ images, 9 templates, categorize and more.
Tried to use this plugin to get my answers from various Stack Exchange feeds. It created entries but no content. Also, the settings don't always get saved after changes and clicking save.
The delete all posts didn't work either, it didn't recognise that it had created any posts but it certainly did.
the pluggin does not work well.
All RSS feeds is published two times
I am a developer and wanted to try using this plugin instead of creating my own. From reading the overview it looks to be a great plugin. Unfortunately they did not program it right and it will not work. Even without the developer plugin activated it generates a load of php errors. They should fix this plugin to be up to WordPress standards.
Didn't import any feed items from a freshly updated and perfectly normal WordPress feed. Sorry, but waste of time.
At First, like many of you poor suckers, I was totally delighted with this plugin. After living with it for a month and spending copious amounts of time setting up 11 feeds (using both shortcode and feed to posts applications) I hit a wall, due to the plugins inherent deficiencies.
1. I noticed that all of my feed to post mouseover hyperlinks were crapped up with html markups. In reviewing the settings, I discovered that there is a way to fix this...BUT!
IN ORDER TO REMOVE HTML MARKUPS YOU ALSO HAVE TO SACRAFICE THUMBNAILS IN THE EXCERPTS...
2. The lack of thorugh documentation that explains how the various settings works leaves one in a game of try this, try that...which can take hours of time...before the results of all the settings are clear.
3. And the straw that broke the proverbial camels back??? I was looking at one of my shortcode pages and there were ZERO posts...After once again spending a shitload of time trying out different settings I found that the shortcode settings that limit the number of posts (up to a finite amount) mean that if you are archiving the feed posts, that when this limit is reached...NO FURTHER POSTS WILL SHOW UP on the page!!!!!!
Therefore, you are blocked from archiving feed posts, at least in the shortcode settings pages.
4. Next, if the no html setting is selected, and you have a default thumbnail set-up in your blog...that pic will appear...so be prepared for 50 posts with the same image if you use default thumbs.
5. Last, but definitely not least....and color me sensitive...but my perception of the plugin authors response to my support request is that he is arrogant and a wee bit on the defensive side of things. As well he should be, because this is a great plugin, but the finishing touches to this excellent plugin, the dearth of decent documentation (UH...how about making the video resizable to a full screen?? come on...this is 2013 and we have 8mp cameras in our cellphones...) and his dismissive and one size fits all attitude (other people wanted it this way) along with totally ignoring my response to his response of my support request because he obviously cannot be bothered.
That's all...I'm just fried...I spent quite a bit of time today removing the 800 pics, 500 posts and other crap from my database...because, unlike what his plugin claims...it does not delete records properly....just go peak into your mysql post_meta and post dbs and u will see what I mean.
So much promise in this little package...and so little concern about the user experience.
As Meryl Streep said to her assistant in "The Devil Wears Prada"...
It wasn't able to import any RSS feed from any website.
Plenty of style bugs, images and excerpts don't show... I wasted hours trying to make this plugin works!
Notice: Undefined index: titleFilter in .../wp-content/plugins/wp-rss-multi-importer/inc/import_posts.php on line 166
Notice: Undefined index: targetWindow in .../wp-content/plugins/wp-rss-multi-importer/inc/admin_init.php on line 45
Notice: Undefined index: plugin_version in .../wp-content/plugins/wp-rss-multi-importer/inc/upgrade.php on line 11
Inserts Advertisements into plugin's setting page
author indicates that this flaw is not worth a fix, this seriously lowers my expectations that this plugin will be maintained correctly.
when giving attribution using "feed to post", the text of the source link is wrong, it uses the category name of the post instead of the name or URL of the post.
for example if I'm assigning category vintage to the feed, the generated code is:
Source: Stone Cold Mama
where "Stone Cold Mama" is the title of the feed item.
If this gets fixed then I'll updrade the rating to 5