WP Deals is a special-for-deals plugin where you can make, post, and share deals all around the people.
This can be a good plugin but its abandoned
Not update, not working
This plugin appears to be abandoned by its creators.
Unlike two other group deal buying plugins, WPdeals, at least, installed without crashing my WP installation. For that it get two stars! But, all of my deals that I've posed show either sold out or Deals expired. I've followed the instruction in the support, to no avail.
At a high level glance this plugin appears to offer a free deals solution for WordPress. Just do not under estimate the amount of customization required to make it actually work.
Here are my findings.
1. The stock system is flawed when using vouchers. For example I created a deal, and initially started with 50 vouchers. The stock total (somehow) went down to -8. After this, I added more vouchers, but the stock level in the DB remained the same. To fix this expect to spend anything from a few hours to a day or 2, depending on your skill level.
2. The pricing system is flawed. For example, when entering a base price of 400, and not entering a deal price, the deal shows up as "free". When entering a base price of 400 and a deal price of 400, the item again is "free". This required an immediate fix.
3. Variations - there is a lot of code to suggest it is possible to create variations, however the documentation mentions nothing about this, searching Google didn't help either. Expect to spend no less than 1 painful day implementing a roll your own solution.
4. Paypal, initially it was working, but please do not ask me how. I spent hours just analyzing rather cryptic code, and eventually decided to fix it, so that Paypal redirection happens reliably. Expect no less than 1/2 a day debugging and pulling hair out if this happens to you.
5. Adding a custom currency. The instructions on the authors site really won't get you very far. I figured out how to do this myself, but it was a bit of a challenge.
Just generally I get the feeling that the author started with good intentions, but seems to have lost interest in the plugin. The code is cryptic making it hard to maintain.
The core concept is good, and it is does provide a nuts and bolts framework, but it is by no means a plug and play - ready for production plugin.
I'm not inclined to be negative for sure when it concerns something for free but in this case it's in everyone's interest to understand that it;s not all as it seemes. On the WP-Deals website, on WordPress, On the Tokokoo website and in reviews posted on the web you'll see screen shots of features and themes that have long been discontinued or have never been implemented. This plugin is NOT supported by multiple themes, only 1, the stock control module does not work, the reporting is poor, you cannot accept an address for merchants to ship to?? QR Codes are not there, I can go on..
If you want to buy the theme developed for this plugin be aware. The Tokokoo website forces you to buy a years subscription to technical support (the theme purchase itself was offered when I visited but didn't work) and this support has not been available for months and there is no information on when it will commence yet you are paying for it.
If you are a developer and want WP Deals as a base tool then I recommend it. If you are like me and have limited programming skills then I recommend another solution.
Notable is the improvement over the previous version, improved code and usability, added additional instruments. Improvable support. Overall this plugin is very good, I hope for a new improvement in future versions.
WP deals, would be great if it actually worked. I can't seem to add the stock quantity when adding a new deal, therefore on the deal page, the deals states it is out of stock and the buy button is not displayed. This makes it impossible to test if there are any other issues past the buy page. I contact the company at firstname.lastname@example.org and explained my issues and asked how to fix it on November 14th 2012 and didn't hear from them, so I emailed again on November 21st 2012, still no response. It is now December 12, 2012, almost 30 days since my first email!! I ended up hiring a web developer costing me $$.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.