Easy Web Performance Optimization (WPO) using caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
So, this program worked in most things I needed but I ended up having to also install WP Minify to minify and disable yours altogether. In my site when I set your minify to auto it made my mobile responsive menu appear and when I set it to manual and changed settings, all the speed analysis sites showed no increase (where on auto it was significant) but when WP Minify I was able to just exclude my responsive css and everything is working fine. I tried excluding it in your minify settings and it never seemed to either exclude the page or when it did the site gained no speed increase via minify.. Just letting you know.
I've spent quite a bit of time playing with site optimisation tools and plugins, from Cloudflare and WP Minify etc. I normally use WP SuperCache but I have tried W3TC on a number of occasions, and each time I end up deactivating it.
One of the problems at the moment is that the Cloudflare part does not seem to be working, it keeps saying it cannot connect the API (and yes, I've been through the work-arounds and checked that I put in my domain correctly). I have been reading a few support threads on this issue and there doesn't seem to be a work-around.
The other thing that annoyed me are the contast messages that appear in the panel. The main issue, however, is that after installing this plugin my site speed tests had me dropping a couple of %!
In the end I reinstalled WP Super Cache and the official Cloudflare plugin.
Auto minify is not working..
already many people noticed.. and the admins know it i think
The plugin seems to speed up my site when working properly. But breaks the site often, usually within a day or two from working nicely.
I'm assuming conflicting with other plugins or my theme, very hard to setup and configure for my site. However, I'm still running it with only a few modules enabled.
Try it at your own risk.
The preload does not work in 0.9.2.8 and the error messages about it conflict.
W3TC states on the Page Cache set up page on my site that "It appears Page Cache URL rewriting is not working".
I set the preload down to 10 seconds with a limit of 3 pages/run and the page_enhanced directory never moved. Nothing was preloaded. I even tried setting permissions for wp-content, cache and page_enhanced to 777 and nothing happened either.
The details for the test that gave the messgage "It appears Page Cache URL rewriting is not working" is based on a test page http://www.mydomainname.com/wordpress/w3tc_rewrite_test
The results state "The plugin made a request to http://www.mydomainname.com/wordpress/w3tc_rewrite_test but received:
Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received instead of "OK" response."
HOWEVER when I put the URL http://www.mydomainname.com/wordpress/w3tc_rewrite_test in a web browser it returns the "OK" response.
It would appear that URL rewriting IS working in my domain but that W3TC does not see it for preload.
This should be an urgent fix as cache preload is a must for keeping your users on your site and making sure that Google crawls your site.
Last 2 versions of this plugin has caused problems with a few of my sites. Blocking responsive sliders from not showing on the page at all. Disable W3 and no problem. Last version update Version 0.9.2.7 completely messes up theme styling and formatting. Disable the plugin and again no problems. Also from what i read there seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through to completely uninstall this plugin from your site when it should be a simple deactivate and delete procedure...
It's too bad I have to look for another caching option as everything was going great until the last 2 updates.
This is obviously a serious well thought out plug in and kudos to the author, but it just isn't working on my site -- granted, the environment is complex and it may not be possible to anticipate every problem, but please see this report for my experience which was not satisfactory.
I've tried WP Total Cache on a couple sites with no big issues over the years. But on a new site I'm building, the theme is now half cached and I can't bring it back - appears to be corrupted. Activating / deactivating, it makes no difference. I'll go through the process of uninstalling and removing extra data tomorrow, but not worth the added hassles.
...I've had some trouble with conflicts with other plugins. I'm not an advanced user, so I prefer things that are simple. If you are an advanced user, this is for you!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.