Easy Web Performance Optimization (WPO) using caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
The plugin is broken but is not easy to delete. Plus it is causing problems accessing dashboard by showing a W3 Total Cache Error page instead.
I've described my experience here - sorry if in the wrong place.
My entire website was destroyed. I was able to get WordPress back up, but all of my images, permissions and styles are gone. I have my content. I have my database. But at a fundamental level, my installation is jacked.
Reinstalling WP does not fix it. De-activating the plugin is just a cruel joke, because the damage is done.
As of 0.9.2.5, this plugin gets a 4/5 for its past usefulness. Since 0.9.2.6 "security release," the plugin does not work and I had to do multiple hard uninstalls of the program to get my sites to work. Avoid it until the developer has tested his versions before releasing.
After the latest updates, it completely breaks. Avoid until they fix it, or go back to the older version (0.9.2.5 I believe)
I've lost count of the number of WordPress installs this plugin has blown up.
Please... DO NOT try this plug in. I activated it to give it a try, but upon deactivating it, I'm getting all sorts of errors.
This shouldn't even be allowed on here.
DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THIS PLUG IN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Version 0.9.2.7 is another disastrous update by the developers. This is not the first time a W3 Total Cache upgrade has resulted in disastrous results and it's appalling that this is still being pushed out as an update.
DO NOT update to this version. Do not update to the next version until there are some guarantees it won't totally destroy your site.
If you have a white screen of death go into your file manager and remove all traces of W3 Total cache.
Credibility for this development team now = ZERO
Core functionality disabled on shared multiste blog on upgrade to 9.2.7:
- no links to other blogs in admin and blog area (all links point to current site)
- no permission from admin to access plugin settings
- disabled CDN S3 caching
I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to fix this issue. It required going into my cpanel and deleting the plugin cache files one by one. I'm still not sure I found them all. Horrible!
This plugin is a total mess. It tries to do far too much now and does nothing right any more. Unfortunately, 1 star is too much for it.
I have no clue what the developer of this plugin is doing, but I'll never pay him after I've seen how much he broke the plugin, not even 10 cents.
There are known fixes to various bugs of the plugin, but the developer is too busy adding useless features instead of making sure sites won't be broken when the users update plugins.
The developer should stop advertising their services in the plugin. I wouldn't trust them to watch my cat for 2 minutes.
I've updated and checked the websites were loading just fine after clearing the cache. I've found two of them missing their CSS styling about 8 hours later. Another website was showing some random garbled characters, most likely due to broken / incorrect gzipping caused by w3 total cache.
Good riddance, W3 total cache. You're dead to me.
update: if your website is at /blog/ or something like that, 0.9.2.7+ won't have working minification
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.