Easy Web Performance Optimization (WPO) using caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
My site runs on the latest version of WordPress on a dedicated CentOS server running Apache and PHP through FastCGI. The previous version of W3TC was brilliant and did a fantastic job of minifying and caching through Opcode APC caching. Since upgrading, NOTHING works. I get a constant "Minify Auto encountered an error. The filename length value is most likely too high for your host. It is currently 150. The plugin is trying to solve the issue for you: (solving ...)" error every time I enable minifying and, even when I switch to manual mode and configure it all that way, NOTHING is minified. I have tried APC and disk caching methods and have played around with the filename length values to no avail. I am now forced to use an alternative, inferior minify and caching plugin because W3TC simply will not work anymore.
Plugin Version: 0.9.2.9
I found the reason how this plugin broke my wordpress site. It adds its modifications which starts with "# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache" into .htaccess file. But it doesn't insert a line break before "# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache" which makes my server returns 500 error.
Hope this comment can help any body. Please insert a break before "# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache"
Honestly one of the worst plugins I've ever installed, don't be fooled by the 5 star rating: I had a slow site, adjusted the HTACCESS file as seen elsewhere on wordpress.org and it worked beautifully - under 1 second load time.
Then I made the grave error of loading this pile of junk: and the site was worse than when I did the manual fix. The HTACCESS file was now so bloated with junk code it worked as well as a brick flies. I had to alter the HTACCESS code back to the wordpress.org suggestion and it worked again.
Worse, there's no UNINSTALL, so once this thing has stuffed your site it's impossible to figure out what you have to undo to make it work again.
The plugin brought me some trouble. The admin area became very slow and I saw frequent error messages. I've decided to install it.
Hello Plugin Author,
Although you did a brilliant job by aggregating all relevant performance optimization paramaters at one place.
However there are some Big Loopholes in this plugin like:
1.UI broken , when we enable CDN in W3TC.
2. Some directories like plugins were not uploaded over cdn causing this break.
3. minify is a waste, it makes your site look like a child's Html assignment with totally broken UI.
Please find this Link below of .doc file which has relevant snapshots and configuration details related to this broken UI issues.
Hence it would be great help, if you please look into this,by taking some time off from cloudflare work hours.
Thanks & Regards,
all it does is slow my site down after a week. Stay away!!
Use Hyper Cache instead.
Plugin is broken and author can not include patch for months.
Discussion is here.
unresponsive system could not access admin
Had to manually delete
Could be that GoDaddy does not play well with this tool.
Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time I have attempted in 2 year.
Quite unbelievable that word-press would allow a third party developer so much control. It's like an app breaking your iPhone.
I am now in the process of rebuilding my site after the same issue as everyone appears to be having: the back end lockout.
If there is a solution, please tell me, I've been into my FTP and removed all traces of the plugin (as suggested in the error message) to no avail.
Life goes on, without this terrible plugin.
Installed latest version to 3.5.1 and have had just problems. Can't even remove this plugin even when every option is disabled and as a result can't even change theme.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.