Easy Web Performance Optimization (WPO) using caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
Nothing is working as expected. NOTHING.
And as soon as you have spent days of you life digging in the code, he changes something and: the actual file resides in wp-content/cache/minify/000000/34c4b/default.include.js but browser requests /wp-content/cache/minify/000000/34c4b/default.include.4b1194.css
Congratulations! You are served. Another heart atack and another day went for nothing. [abusive comment removed]
There is no walkthrough to set this plugin up properly -- I had to do a search in YouTube to find a tutorial that would help.
Between enabling the CDN (I use my amazon cloudfront account) as well as minify took my speed from 6s to 44+ seconds ... UM NO.
It did have me an A grade using GTmetrix and a 94 in scoring with PingTools but my blogsite loadtime was HORRENDOUS!!! How I got an A and 94/100 with a 44 second speed, I haven't the faintest o.O It's quite perplexing.
This plugin is NOT userfriendly unless you are VERY WELL versed in caching and how it works. I would say it sin't not a even good for advanced users if you don't know what you are doing.
I'm very sad because my hosting company recommended this caching plugin after 2+ months of hell -- and it still has not helped my blogsite in any way, shape or form. It's only made it worse.
It does not play well with many plugins and it doesn't play well with my current theme. I am not going to stop using my plugins that I have used for 2+ years for a caching plugin that obviously is causing MULTITUDE of issues for many on a DAILY basis -- and the there just doesn't seem to be ANY response for the authors.
Deactivated, deleted and moving on!
I´ve used W3 Cache Plugin once, but it is too much complicated, and made my site felt down, so i put in the garbage the plugin by FTP, my site come back, but could not acess my wp-admin, so ihad to put the plugin again to try acess my wp-admin. I´m not sure if it will work, or i have to backup mu website soo bored! Because this i not recommend W3 Cache. Prefer use Google Speed Service.
Brought my site down - admin and front-end. Could not even un-install it. Had to rip it out by hand via FTP and mySQL database.
Don't bother installing it.
Just after update to version 0.9.2.10 got the error msg - "Minify Auto encountered an error. The filename length value is most likely too high for your host. It is currently 150. The plugin is trying to solve the issue for you: (solving ...)...
My site runs on the latest version of WordPress on a dedicated CentOS server running Apache and PHP through FastCGI. The previous version of W3TC was brilliant and did a fantastic job of minifying and caching through Opcode APC caching. Since upgrading, NOTHING works. I get a constant "Minify Auto encountered an error. The filename length value is most likely too high for your host. It is currently 150. The plugin is trying to solve the issue for you: (solving ...)" error every time I enable minifying and, even when I switch to manual mode and configure it all that way, NOTHING is minified. I have tried APC and disk caching methods and have played around with the filename length values to no avail. I am now forced to use an alternative, inferior minify and caching plugin because W3TC simply will not work anymore.
Plugin Version: 0.9.2.9
I found the reason how this plugin broke my wordpress site. It adds its modifications which starts with "# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache" into .htaccess file. But it doesn't insert a line break before "# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache" which makes my server returns 500 error.
Hope this comment can help any body. Please insert a break before "# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache"
Honestly one of the worst plugins I've ever installed, don't be fooled by the 5 star rating: I had a slow site, adjusted the HTACCESS file as seen elsewhere on wordpress.org and it worked beautifully - under 1 second load time.
Then I made the grave error of loading this pile of junk: and the site was worse than when I did the manual fix. The HTACCESS file was now so bloated with junk code it worked as well as a brick flies. I had to alter the HTACCESS code back to the wordpress.org suggestion and it worked again.
Worse, there's no UNINSTALL, so once this thing has stuffed your site it's impossible to figure out what you have to undo to make it work again.
The plugin brought me some trouble. The admin area became very slow and I saw frequent error messages. I've decided to install it.
Hello Plugin Author,
Although you did a brilliant job by aggregating all relevant performance optimization paramaters at one place.
However there are some Big Loopholes in this plugin like:
1.UI broken , when we enable CDN in W3TC.
2. Some directories like plugins were not uploaded over cdn causing this break.
3. minify is a waste, it makes your site look like a child's Html assignment with totally broken UI.
Please find this Link below of .doc file which has relevant snapshots and configuration details related to this broken UI issues.
Hence it would be great help, if you please look into this,by taking some time off from cloudflare work hours.
Thanks & Regards,
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.