Native eCommerce integration & interaction with WordPress. Flexibility & Scalability.
This is an ambitious effort and has some promising features, which is what attracted me to it. Sadly, there are so many bugs and glitches that I am likely going to try to uninstall it. (I wish I hadn't bought an add-on before I knew how difficult this was going to be.) The check-out section has given me endless grief. Digital downloads aren't functional (gave up on it and downloaded Easy Digital Downloads plugin). Product pages in the catalog sometimes show duplicate content that remains even after you edit the product. I could go on, but you get the point. This plugin (actually, a suite of plugins) is a litany of unintended consequences. The developers are evidently non-English speakers with the result they sometimes don't seem to understand support questions or give answers that are so imprecise that they aren't helpful. Some documentation is available (finally) but it is incomplete. The support community is difficult to navigate and did not have an operational search function. I spent an hour scrolling page by page to look for discussion on an issue only to see the issue come up several times without satisfactory resolution. I really wish the team well--this could be a game changing ecommerce system---but I can't devote any more hours to sorting things out.
HAs bugs, from text translations being weird/wrong for english, to things just not working right and to top that off, their forums for trying to get help on http://community.thecartpress.com/ are about the worst setup forums I have ever seen, they are so hard to use it is like they are trying to make them not work right. I used to recommend this plugin, never again. It is a mediocre plugin, only use it if you really need a cart badly, but pretty terrible overall.
I recently updated to newer version and newer theme both working very fine!
The restyling coming with version 18.104.22.168 is a very important update.
I tested with different themes and result compatible perfectly.
I also like to spend some good words about technical support which I contacted and in a matter of hours solved my problems.
Thank you Boys.
Good Job Boy
This could be a great plugin as it is very flexible. However, the documention and help needed to use the flexibility, especially for custom templates is either too brief to be helpful or non-existent. The ability to be able to create your templates and use cart press how you need to is rendered useless without tutorials and documentation to support it. It is a great shame.
This is one of the best ecommerce plugins for wordpress I have seen. Very powerful, flexible and scalable.
Awesome features but most important: excellent support that really helps to get things sorted out.
1. The Off Line Payment method does not work. If you only store part of the number the customer can't enter in the whole number because the middle sets of numbers are x'd out. The customer needs to be able to enter these in some where. The alternative is to store the credit card numbers but they are not stored with any encryption which is not secure. The credit card info either needs to be stored with encryption or not stored in the same location intact. My favorite method is to store only the last 4 and then send the first 12 to a secure email account.
The frustrating thing is this is a deal breaker for me. I either have to develop this properly or find a patch to make this work properly. Or maybe a plugin to work with paypal pro.
2. The address parts of the check out are all backwards. I've been doing ecommerce sites for 12+ years. You need to have address, city, state, zip and country.....and in that order. For those of us that can fill these forms out in our sleep changing the order of this stuff makes it a real pain.
3. When you select a payment method like credit card you don't get the option to enter in the card number right away. This horribly confusing. You need to just have that credit card form there right away.
4. No SSL support in the system. I suppose I can put the whole site under an ssl but that's not usually the best solution.....
5. Order emails seem to get sent prior to finishing the order.
6. My account has a error Call to undefined function tcp_the_my_addresses_url()
Functionality is there, but it's not a quick-and-easy setup, and there's little explanation inline for all the options. Overall, I was hoping this would be a more user-friendly experience.
i was interested in the displaying of collection, I was able to do just that by using the well documented settings dashboard and remove all the ecommerce reference to do just what i wanted. With some minor custom field modifications the end result was exactly what i wanted.
If you includ the plugins and the custom themes, it makes my life much easier than making my own plugin from scratch.
Powerful ecommerce plugin, I emphasize taxes and the tools available.
I can still use my favorite WordPress plugins and extend my themes easily!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.