Cunjo Social Plugin is a free, pretty, flexible and mobile ready Social Share Plugin with powerful social analytics.
Great free social share
Installed and tested. Abandoned it quickly. The popup "email" window would never close. Tested in Chrome and Firefox on Mac and Safari on iPad. Same result. Also, the strange message in the email window at bottom "Is is hot or cold?" What is a user supposed to do with that? Bizarre. If you didn't fill in the field and clicked send, you got an even vaguer "!" with no instructions (eg "required field"). If you did fill in you got a check mark, which I presume meant that the message was sent even though the window did not close. Pretty basic usability stuff ignored making it not worth using.
This is pretty straightforward to set up and for the average user it works well, but it didn't address a number of issues for me:
- I'd like the sidebar icons to automatically jump to the bottom of the screen when the screen size is reduced. Expecting the user to keep clicking the 'hide' button is a pain. (See my example below)
- I couldn't find the option to choose a plain white background. The plugin wanted to include a graduated grey background, which didn't suit my design.
- I wanted to vertically offset the position of the bar. I know this could be addressed by a simple CSS line but I'd have liked the position option to be more than 'top/middle/bottom'.
- The elegant bar was positioned within the content of the page, whilst the plain version was positioned outside the content, which I found a bit odd.
Fortunately some of these problems can be addressed with some CSS over-rides and I appreciate the speedy response from the developers to user issues. These guys are clearly on the ball and you only have to look at the number of topics marked 'resolved' to appreciate their dedication. They must hold a record for the highest number of 'resolved' support issues for a WordPress plugin. I like that!
In the end I hard-coded the responsive buttons as outlined in this article. Reduce the screen-size to see what happens to the buttons. This is what I call truly responsive. If the Cunjo developers could implement this kind of solution I'd have no qualms in using the plugin. For those not comfortable with hard-coding this is certainly one of the better social plugins but for me it needs to address the auto movement of buttons before I'd use it.
Well worth downloading. Great options, adds a professional look to your website or blog.
I tried with 5 different accounts and never got the confirmation e-mail, checked Spam folder. Without this, the plugin was useless to me.
One problem that's cropping up is that if there's no post thumbnail (in this case a static home page, the plugin still writes an empty OG tag in the <head> section:
<meta property="og:image" content=""/>
If you're using another method, such as SEO Yoast or putting your own OG tags in the head, this causes an error with Facebook since it's interpreted as a malformed url showing up after any other OG tags (even though it's just an empty content string) and then all other OG tags seems to get completely ignored.
I just need my users to share my website pages.
Not share my monthly income with the dev of this plugin!
It's working fine, already I have some Facebook Shares, and Twitter Shares. So the analytics it's working fine too . Great plugin , I recommend to all.
I can see the elegant bar is on everypage which is nice.But on my portfolio single item page I see the bar almost in the center. How do I fix this problem
1. Use an external .JS that make it very very slow
2. The content is loaded externaly and the iShare icon is always the first icon.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.