Sell photos, prints, videos and pdf's online through WordPress in seconds. Built by creatives, for creatives.
Good plugin but would benefit from:
More modular shortcodes to easily add to templates such as:
[sell_media_item] - Would show the individual item page so we can easily add it to say a full width template that our theme has etc.
Or even more modular so we can have complete control over the layout of the item display:
Also needs a fix to be responsive, at the moment you can't checkout on your mobile.
Good otherwise, just not practical for my styling needs.
The integration with WordPress themes is great and the themes from the developers are very nice. However, for people viewing my photos (sport events) it's not "friendly" enough. You need to click on every single item to view the large version and that should be improved.
I'm going to start my photosharing/selling website. Glad I found this plugin, pretty easy and has all the things I need. Did some tests. Unfortunately to say, it needs time to mature and fix many small issues. Not ready to use.
The Sell Media plugin is the first attempt by anyone to create a free plugin for WordPress in order to turn your WordPress blog into a stock/microstock photo site to rival the best. What I like about the plugin is the ease in which it integrates with WordPress. I'm not an expert on ecommerce sites on WordPress, but I've tried WooCommerce and it seems way too advanced and more set-up to cope with hard products and not soft media.
Good things about Sell Media Plugin
- When you upload a batch of media files, it is easy to turn them in to products for sale just by checking the Sell Media box.
- Clean design
- Allows quickly to organise media for sale into different Collections by way of the bulk edit command.
- Allows for multiple Licence types easily by way of a multiplication factor on products.
- Allows for the sale of not only photos but video etc.
Improvements to be made (personal opinion)
- It might just be me, but there are still some bugs around like the Advanced Search plugin is stuck on my test site
- On my test site, the shortcode isn't working in widgets.
- There does not seem to be automatic support for selling image files of different resolutions. This would have to be done prior to upload by the user (I guess this isn't a big deal).
- When I uploaded an mp4 video, not thumbnail was created and an error message received.
All in all though I think this plugin will be a great contender to other paid options that are out there, plus the fact that the developers are keen to hear from anyone testing the plugin (I'm having a Skype meeting with the developers this week).
Good work guys!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.