Sell photos, prints, videos and pdf's online through WordPress in seconds. Built by creatives, for creatives.
Plugin has good idea behind but unfortunately the idea is the only thing. With each update many things are changing. One week I have an option to charge international shipping, the next week I don't have it. One week the purchase box looks different than the next week. If you disagree with design and you do your own css that you will have to change it every time there is update.
The worst think is lost of sales. There was a time that 50% of sales didn't go through. I was receiving email that someone have purchased a photo but there was absolutly no information about: who and what was sold. The money stayed as pending and there was no possibility to contact the buyer. I have about 600€ in pending operations that I can't process.
Overall plug in is good but with the amount of time sell media takes for making reasonable changes there is many other plug ins coming up that are simply better.
Have been using this plugin for a photographer client. It has been an interesting experience.
There is a lot of potential for the plugin and it appears that some paid functionality in the extensions is being brought into the plugin which is good.
Thankfully the support team have been quite responsive as I've found issues/and things that weren't working as expected.
Overtime I think this will be a better plugin and I'm prepared to update this review as it improves.
Right now some of the gotchas are:
- no way to specify which countries you want to support
- changes to css/plugin helper functions (i.e. list of countries/states) have to be manually copied with each plugin update
- limited functionality for controlling order of images in a collection
- you can password protect collections but if you click "continue shopping" in the checkout process it takes you back to a screen that merges all the collections and bypasses the password you've set on the collection!
This plugin has so much potential but it is not there yet.
The plus sides are it is clean and easy to use.
- You need to be able to flick though a Collection without having to go back to the overview page of the collection every time to select the next photo. Next and Previous buttons ASAP please.
- Free downloads. Having to enter your name and e-mail address on every photo is just annoying. If I want to offer a client a collection for free they need to have an easy way of downloading it. An Easy approach would be to add the free downloads to the cart then when you want to check out you just put in your name and email.
- If items are in a passworded Collection they don't show in the lightbox
- With the reprint you should be able to create individual price lists for certain collections rather than just a generic one that is applied across the site.
With the above this would be a very powerful plugin.
Download file process is very unclear, i do not understand how configure that. In addiction, if you are selling photos, it not have a watermark option.
"Sell Media is a plugin for WordPress and WordPress can easily handle hundreds or thousands of files. There maybe limits based on your web hosting provider and you will need to manually manage each Item."
I'm afraid at the moment it can barely handle 20 photos via bulk upload. I don't have the time to watch over every single photo as it loads in. NextGen speeds through uploading files hundreds at a time without issue.
Nice interface though, and search function is excellent.
I'll probably consider again in a couple of months.