s2Member® — a powerful (free) membership plugin for WordPress®. Protect members only content with roles/capabilities.
I spent a long time trying to find a plugin to create website pages with restricted access. This plugin does the job and a whole lot more. The Pro version was well worth upgrading for what i needed. Great plugin and tutorials - would definitely recommend.
s2 its a very powerful and complex software, I made the website I wish, with multiples levels, content dripping and much more, in less than 3 weeks with it! With no compromises and a lot of complexity in structuring levels and accesses to content. And even more: it has a fast and super-efficient support!
Thanks to all who made it possible and to those who maintains it!
Really impressed with this plugin, but more so with Websharks' customer service - questions are answered quickly, with their responses being extremely helpful and to the point. Thanks!
This is a great plugin.
Easy to use, very informative, simple processing, though it covers all bases.
I can't speak highly enough of it.
The pro version is simply amazing. I have never seen a WordPress plugin with so many features. All very well documented inside the plugin itself.
Yesterday ClickBank changed a JSON request, made a support ticket not knowing where to look, 6 hours later the problem was fixed.
If you run a site with memberships, this is the thing (I have tried other pale immitations).
High five WebSharks!
Just wanted to finally leave a review for S2Member. I've used this plugin for 2 years and I've been very happy with its functionality and professional front-end appearance that it gives to my clients.
I was a real newbie when I started 2 years ago - I knew what I wanted but didn't know how to get the functionality. S2Member gave it to me so simply and it has grown with me as my business has grown.
The support has also been fantastic. I can't even imagine having to figure everything out by myself - I just send an email and my question is answered promptly and respectfully. The support team's patience is wonderful.
I have no hesitations recommending this plugin. It's high quality, good coding and works very well with other well-coded plugins.
Here's why I give s2m 5 stars. For the record, I am using it with the Pro plugin together:
- I reviewed the critical factors for at least 30 membership solutions over three months, and surprise, the $69 s2m beats them all!
- s2m is easy to use, even as a non-programmer
- s2m has incredible documentation. More detailed than any other plugin I know of.
- s2m's code is freely available, so those who want, can integrate their changes. The guys there even give many examples how to do just that (per a MU "must use" plugin. Simple)
- s2m has the smartest features right built into it, even smarter than prohibitively expensive membership solutions, like membermouse. Indeed, SO SMART and well thought through that it amazes me everytime I use it! These guys must be breathing their code.
- s2m gives great support to buyers, and: although they only earned the tiny $69 from their customers!! This free support is much better than the paid support for other membership plugins, like DAP.
- Speaking of it, the s2m guys are very friendly. Very much unlike certain others out there who either only cared until you handed over the money, or (if charging for ongoing support) who give mediocre support at best, and increase their price like clockwork.
Now the negatives:
- I came too late. Even before I (yes, I, how shameful!! ;-) became a customer, they shut down their excellent forum on their site (so full of help, it must embarass every other coder). What a stupid decision, no? That's unfair to their newest customers. And why "stupid"? Because, the customer threads supporting each other was there a thousand times better than it can ever be on a "forum for everything" like here. Not that I could benefit from it directly (as said, I came too late), but it's all still visible there. I just can't reply. :-(
- Jason's video recommends using custom capabilities instead of (ever more) member levels, and I totally understood why and implemented it that way. I was happy with my decision until I realized that the integration with (his own favorite!) email list server Mailchimp doesn't consider custom capabilities yet. You can't, at the moment, have new users subscribed to a list with the custom capability they purchased. Neither to a new list, nor as member update to an existing list! So then why this big promotion of using custom capabilities rather than member levels? :-(
But you must balance this: Other membership solutions don't even have sth as flexible as Jason's custom capabilities. Thus, none of the competitors should point their finger at this current weakness.
That's it, just two negatives. Surprising really, for such a massive, powerful, comprehensive membership solution. Now, in all fairness, I should add: They probably add this functionality soon. Seeing just how much they have already added, I bet they haven't put their feet on the table and rest. They're probably coding this minute! :-)
I am not sure how someone can give s2m only a couple of stars, but I assume they are disappointed about a specific point and then can't balance that against all the positives. Or, they are jealous competitors maybe? Or, they just didn't read and understand what s2m can do, and how.
This review is unsolicited, I don't know them personally (although I'd like :-) and I don't get anything for it (they don't even know who this is from). Ah, maybe I should tell them!?
In short, I hope they will sell a million s2m Pro, so that they can keep up the good work and even enjoy the support (which you do once you get paid well). They would certainly deserve it.
Anyway, this was my opinion. It doesn't have to match yours. It's mine, pah! :-)
This is a great plugin for a free one. The best part are the video tutorials which clearly explain everything. Although I haven't upgraded to the Pro version yet, I find that the free version itself has so many great features which puts some of the other paid membership plugins out there to shame.
Jason Caldwell and Cristián Lávaque have done it again. Buying great software is only ever part of the story. Having brilliant support behind it is the other part. Without question, S2Member delivers both parts in spades. Thanks to the fast, efficient and effective support provided by Jason and Cristián, my membership site is a breeze to maintain. As a non-IT person, given the complexity of what it can do, this proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that S2Member is the leading membership software, bar none. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Try it - you'll be amazed!!!
I use S2Member for 3 years now to sell digital content.
It simply works great!
I just started a new site and I'm amazed by the functionality of the updated S2Member plugin.
Great work guys, you rock!