Embed user reviews and Google Rich Snippet ratings anywhere on your site.
I installed this plugin and it was working fine for the first test review. After that, none of the reviews appeared as pending. So I can't approve them, and they don't appear on my site.
We cannot edit the testimonials after submission, cannot edit or add fields to the testimonial form, there are critical missing fields for hcard rich snippets are "updated" for the date, and "author" for the reviewer name.
On the aggregate page, the star ratings don't display in the Chrome browser, and the structured data is only hcard, not done in Schema.
There's no flexibility in the display output either, leaves this plugin lacking for me...
I ran into an issue where boxes don't display properly on a site that I used it on. I tried all kinds of things from troubleshooting CSS to header tag declarations for UTF-8 etc but nothing worked. When I asked for help on the forum here I got no response.Also after using this plugin successfully on a few sites and upgrading I found that the reviews didn't even show up anymore. I had to hunt around on the forums here to find a guy who posted a "fix" for some bad programming. It worked and the review display now, but as I said the stars are messed up in Chrome. If there were at least SOME level of support for this plugin I'd give it more stars but as it stands USE AT YOU OWN RISK.
I have been using this plugin for almost a year. I love it. it looks great on the page, it is easy for users. The author is helpful and I have not had any issues with the plugin at all. I tried different Testimonial or review plugins and kept coming back to Rich Reviews. You can see how it works on our site here
Rachel Stephens Photography for Women
Does what it says on the tin, support is good, had an issue in that the stars were grey, found the answer in the support section!!
This is a very nifty plugin, and does work well, and personally I LOVE the way the developer used a webfont to create the stars rather than images - it's so much simpler to control the color and (font) size than it is to create new images.
However, it lacks some key features that would make it really great, such as:
- the option to display the review date
- ability to EDIT reviews before or after approval - we've had a few occasions where reviewers have put their email address in the Name field, and we don't want to display that, so we have to delete their review....would be simpler to just be able to fix it without having to go into the WP database
- an easy way to style the reviews differently (for those not well-versed in CSS)
- the option to add a form CAPTCHA or quiz to reduce spam reviews
- displaying stars on the Aggregate Snippet (plus at least SOME sort of style for it)
- some options for using PHP in the template instead of shortcode so that variables can be used for the attributes (right now you can only add it using do_shortcode() which means I had to write some special code to make it work (which I explained in my Support thread for this plugin)
ALSO the plugin developer says he is actively maintaining it, which is great, but he provides very little support - most of the support threads are unanswered and unresolved....BUT it IS a free plugin after all.....I'm hopeful that he really is taking all feedback into account for the next version, and just too busy working on it to answer support requests. :-)
Really enjoying this plugin. Great potential. Thanks author !
As far as the user experience and resulting schema markup this is spot on.
* spam prevention without manual moderation
* ability to define settings that shows form and snippet on pages in category(ies) <X>.
installing this now I have to go through hundreds of content pages to add them manually.
Considering a hack to just append it to content automatically.
Would be great to have a star rating rather than just an average number.
This is a great plugin, probably the best review plugin for wordpress, it has a lot of potential and many cool features could be added, some examples:
Would be cool to post a review with your facebook/twitter credentials...
Just because no one likes to write Name,Email, plus when they make a review it is also shared with their contacts.
Also the stars from any review won't show up in Chrome, only on IE and Firefox.