Simple to use profile plugin allowing front-end login, user registration and edit profile by using shortcodes.
It works as advertised, but unfortunately there’re some things I really don’t like about this plugin.
Especially because of the second point I had to switch to GravityForms, which does an excellent job at providing a custom registration form. I wish I would have known about that functionality before I bought Profile Builder Pro :(
This plugin works but is a bit rough around the edges, especially considering the high cost of the Pro version. The nice thing is they update on a regular basis, so I think it will improve as they get more suggestions on the forums and their coding skills get better.
Some Potential Improvements:
- More thorough documentation on filter usage with examples
- Better generation of error messages (and fix some English strings, though I understand it is not the developers' native language)
- Enhanced security & validation (password rules, field type rules, etc.)
- Fix bugs in email generation using HTML
- More flexibility when adding custom field types
- Other issues which have been mentioned by the other reviewers
I haven't been able to find a solution for user profiles that really feels professional, unless you are looking at using a 'Membership' plugin.
The reason this is 3 instead of 5 stars:
Cannot change from within the plugin the way Forgot Password link goes directly to the wp-admin default pages. What good is it to have a lost password shortcode that works in a page that users can't get to from within the login?!
As for profile fields, good feature to have (paid), having the free buddypress though, I find this one to not be worth the cash. Redirects are nice.
Works ok. Pro version is fiddeldiddlely complicated to update. New serial, no auto update, etc...
PS: i guess some CSS class names changed on updating :-/