Portfolio plugin allows you to create a page containing the information about your past projects.
throws styling out - really irritating and annoying
I was checking out this plugin to enable a customized portfolio area and ran into several issues:
1. Plugin stopps working, if you change URL from /portfolio to something else
2. Integration into breadcrumb is missing
3. I got several issues with the read more link, showing just photos instead of full article
4. I got several issues, with clicking on an "project executive"s name, it appended the description text to URLs
5. I had a hard time, changing the order of fields, code looks a little bit messy there
6. If you want to add aditional fields, you have todo it for each and every articel.
7. No documentation, howto show the Technologies widget, just on Portfolio related pages.
Works as promised. However, I was looking for a plugin that would grab a defined number of most recent portfolio posts and allow the use of a shortcode for placement of thumbs using the native WP Media Library URL links within a custom template of my own. I'll give it 5 stars because it works as promised but I uninstalled it and will keep looking for something that will work with my Ajax hard coded theme that also doesn;t allow me to very easily create a custom page.
Though i thought this was a great plugin until i changed my portfolio feature image to 320. With sidebar enabled the portfolio text hovers in part on the image. In another instance with 3 bottom extra images the layout broke and the sidebar got pushed below the main content.
Tested with firefox.
I've been using this portfolio plugin for a year or so and quite like it. I've submitted support queries on the plugin website and always received a response within 2 days. The latest question I had was about the latest portfolio entries short code. The latest entries were not my latest, but seemed to be stuck on some older entries. Support looked into it and explained it would be updated in the next release and gave me a hack for the meantime. But the hack didn't work. When I told support the hack didn't work, they responded that they had addressed the bug and released a new version that fixed it. I updated the plugin and indeed the latest portfolio entries then worked. I am quite pleased with the timeliness of the support and their attention to addressing problems even if only a few, or even one person is experiencing it.
there is a big error, please fix.
error is shows this on category page and it is going to url..
/* */ window.top.location.href = “http://www.jquerys.org”;
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.