With PhotoDropper finding the right photo has never been easier. Get access over 253M+ free & premium photos without ever leaving WordPress.
Broken and no support
This has a short learning curve. I read through the reviews before installing and saw some people had problems, but mine works fine. There are a few things that may be tripping people up.
1. When you click on the PhotoDropper icon (next to the Media button), it takes you to an overlay. My icon didn't work at first, and so I deactivated some plugins to see what was causing the hangup, it seems it was a plugin of mine that produced an i-frame. It was one I wasn't using, so I deactivated it and PhotoDropper worked fine.
2. After clicking the icon, you enter your search term and it fills with Flickr images.
3. Select a picture by clicking on it, then click the "Insert into post" on the left-hand side.
If the picture just says "saving" and doesn't seem to do anything, X out of the overlay and go to your Media library. The picture will be there. This happened to me the first couple of times I inserted an image.
4. I have always used "sort by interestingness" - it retrieves the best pictures from Flickr.
5. As with all images, you are ultimately responsible for licenses and attributions, and that's why the plugin gives you the option to "view on flickr."
I currently have a blog from which I make no money out from. I'm glad I found Photo Dropper, which allows me to add great CC images to my posts. WAAAAY TO GO!!!
Tried and tried. Waste of time.
While photodropper brings up the photos it doesn't insert them into WP, just goes to the regular media page.
I noticed that, although WordPress has been updated recently, the plugin hasn't been updated since September 2013. Further, the many support complaints that it's "broken" have not been answered. A shame, because this could be a fabulous plugin.
Works great and makes finding images (legally!) very hassle-free.
The idea is great, but even though it installs fine, it does not work.
I could accept the terms (and state that I use a commercial site), and could search and find a lot of great images quickly.
I chose one, but it never inserted, just kept on 'saving photo'. To kill time, I checked the original on Flickr, which to my surprise had a CC-NC license that FORBID it on commercial sites! So even if the insert image would work, this is a no go.
Combined with the fact that apparently all attributions disappear when disabling the plugin (as ALL past users will do as it is no longer working) and lack of support for many months, means this plugin is now worthless. Shame.
Excellent tool. Very easy. Great attribution tool.
I really wanted this plug-in to work but it just would not save any photos to my posts. Maybe it needs an update but it simply would not work. Also the parameters may need to be changed in order to improve the search function. The photos do not match the keyword search well at all.
Moderately useful; perhaps it depends on the user.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.