Create sidebars and assign to each post / page / custom_post / taxonomy. - Crear sidebars y asignarlos a cada post / page / custom_post / taxonomy.
Simple and intuitive. I create files for italian localization, i send u.
Very simple and intuitive.
Muy fácil de usar e intuitivo. La única pega es que no se puede diferenciar la imagen de la página de inicio y el blog.
This works really well and have been supported brilliantly. Just started using wordpress for customer websites and am having to adapt most themes to look less bloggy and more commercial. This plugin really helps. Thank you
We used this plugin on a client's website and it now gives them great flexibility to decide sidebar content without worrying about coding at all.
The setup didn't go as planned, even though we followed the instructions. However the developer helped us out and we can see how to get it right next time. So that was great!
Highly recommend the plugin if integrating into a site for a client who may not be familiar with HTML/CSS.
[sig moderated as per the Forum Rules]
Very useful and simple to use!
Developer is helpful on Support tab!
Absolutely great plugin! This plugin allowed us to have unique sidebars for different pages, making our selected theme much more useful. Thank you Andrico for developing it!
In case it helps others, here are the steps we followed to make it work. We were missing one step (3b), but the developer was awesome in helping us figure out what we were missing.
1) Download, install and activate the Plugin.
2) Go to the new Sidebars menu and DEFINE one or more new custom sidebars. Enter their name and add a brief COMMENT to describe them. (I say DEFINE because you actually create the content for the sidebars in Step 3.)
3) Go to Appearance > Widgets. You will now see the sidebars you created on the right. (a) Add the new Multiple Sidebars Widget to the Default item on the right. (We did NOT add it to the Sidebar item, we added it to Default.) (b) Add your content into each of the new Sidebar items on the right. This is where you actually get to create your sidebar items with the relevant text, graphics, etc.
4) Create or Edit the page, post, or item where you want to use the new sidebars. A new section on the right should allow you to activate or deactivate the new Sidebars to add them to the page, post, etc. You can order them vertically (top and bottom).
5) Go to Appearance > Editor and add the following code to Sidebar.php (We replaced everything on our old Sidebar.php with this code, which we pasted inside <div> and </div> tags, but maybe the div's don't matter.)
$MultipleSidebars -> dynamic_sidebar();
That is it. The pages should now display the sidebar that you activated for each of them with the content that you gave them in the Widget's page. There is also a sub-menu called OPTIONS inside the Sidebars menu where you can activate specific Sidebars as default for new pages, posts, etc.
I hope this helps other make good use of this useful plugin!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.