Supercharge your WordPress site with powerful features previously only available to WordPress.com users.
Great plug-in IN THEORY.
In practice, it's full of bugs (and the international versions are worse).
I wish they would fix existing bugs instead of adding new features.
The added features of this plugin do not justify the performance penalties this plugin introduces to WordPress sites. On my installation, enabling JetPack with just the stats enabled caused a major increase in page load times. Using the P3 plugin from GoDaddy, I could pin it down to Jetpack:
P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) - 0.0024 sec - 1.26%
Akismet - 0.0021 sec - 1.11%
Gpp About You Widget - 0.0009 sec - 0.45%
Gpp Base Hook Widgets - 0.0019 sec - 0.99%
Gpp Slideshow - 0.0157 sec - 8.14%
Gpp Testimonials Widget - 0.0007 sec - 0.36%
Gpp Welcome Message - 0.0111 sec - 5.76%
Jetpack by WordPress.com - 0.1318 sec - 68.53%
Reveal IDs - 0.0052 sec - 2.72%
Social - 0.0056 sec - 2.93%
Twitter Tools - 0.0149 sec - 7.75%
With Jetpack enabled, the impact of plugins to load time was 48.77%. Once I disabled Jetpack, that value went down to something like <2%.
Jetpack is garbage and the name itself is bitter irony when you look at the performance impact of using it.
This plugin is kind of hit or miss. While it's got a lot of great features, incompatibilities seem to increase with every update. Instead of adding new features, it might be a better idea to fix the existing problems first.
I really want to love that plugin but, man, despite all my efforts I just fail.
Bloat and not enough options (my biggest complaint is about those utterly useless CPT "Feedback" coming with the contact form), bad UI (TWO top level menus with Jetpack & Contact form, yeah right) and, icing on the cake, you can't test on localhost.
Automattic folks, I deeply admire you. But this plugin is really bad.
This plugin will cause an error when migrating your wordpress site to a new server. SO BE WARNED! It was a pain in the butt to figure this out and finally fix my clients wordpress site.
I cannot edit my site after installing the JetPack plugin and creating an account on WordPress.com As soon as I hit the button to Authorize JetPack, my site backend went to an error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare grunion_media_button() (previously declared in /home/sitepro/public_html/wordpress1/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/contact-form/admin.php:25) in /home/sitepro/public_html/wordpress1/wp-content/themes/dotted/functions/contact-form/grunion-contact-form.php on line 682
Some visitors can not post a comment. I don't know how to fix it.
1. Integration with WP.com. No reason for sites built off Automattic's personal playground.
2. Sends information to WP.com without "connection". e.g. My feeds are showing up in WP reader. I never wanted this back. Ever.
3. Features turned off onsite are available to WP.com users, who mistakenly believe you can see them "liking" your posts.
4. Turns itself on with no option to disconnect features if you do not like them
5. Malfunctions often rendering ALL links on the page (including those generated by outside API) to the base URL. This includes header image. The only way off of pages is to type in a URL to another page.
6. Each update requires three or more "bug fixes". Beta testing is limited to users who are on .wordpress.com; Alternatively, only Automattic employees are testing it with no idea what the .org base truly does when it is not hobbled by Automattic only offerings.
7. Privacy issues with statistics. No information available about what will be shared and already is being shared with WP.com.
8. Statistics do not recognize such referrers as Google+. Reporting erroneous at best. No true representation of traffic. Often statistics are belied. e.g. Some days there are more comments from users than JetPack reports page views.
9. Superfluous CSS.
10. Logs out user with every change.
I could go on, but I believe it pointless. I doubt anyone reads these.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.