Flexible, scheduled WordPress backups to any location
This is a great plug-in. I appreciate the functionality and use it regularly. I would give it 5 stars except for two glitches:
- It "forgot" my Dropbox settings after being updated, and I didn't realize it until backups started failing. I reset the Dropbox auth and now it is working fine again.
- I installed it on a site running 3.2.1 so that I could do a backup before upgrading the site. Unfortunately there was a bug that caused a fatal error and took down the site until I could manage to get in through FTP and delete the plugin. They posted a patch in the forums and I got things working again. But regression testing is a really good idea. ;)
Good job, no problems found
Please tell me how to restore backup file!! there's NO restore option!!
This is the only backup plugin I've found that actually does everything I want from a backup plugin:
1) back up both database and files
2) automatically email backup (even if they are large)
3) also send backups to dropbox (this isn't essential for me, but nice to have)
The only downside is that there are quite a few typos about the place (which doesn't inspire too much confidence in there not being any in the code) and that the whole thing is a little too complex and daunting for a beginnger (there are LOTS of options which almost put me off, but I persevered and just left things as default and everything seems to work fine :) ).
a bit clumsy to set up, with permission weirdnesses going on, but once setup just works.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.