The powerful and easy-to-use tool to improve security and define access to your posts, pages and backend areas for single blog or multisite network.
I realize there's a paid version and the limited function of the free version. But the free version doesn't even perform the functions as advertised.
It's ugly, bad UX/UI and limited free version for number of private articles is stupid !
UI is pretty bad, but it doesn't even work. You set restrictions on a user group but that user group can still view the posts I restricted!
Plus I now cannot make any changes after setting 2 post items to be restricted, I have apparently reached the limit and can no longer change any settings.
i can not approve posts forcing me to buy this
so no go !
After weeks of developing and getting everything sort out, I discovered that this full ACCES is a paid version!!! IS NOT COMMUNICATED AT ALL IN WP PLUGIN Description!
WP should forbid any plugin on the wp platform which is partly freeware!
This is a BULLSHIT plugin! All about the $$$$
Tried on multsite 3.2.1 to Network Activate and Individual activate same error.
I'm also pretty sure I've fallen victim to this plugin, which meant I had to re-build a site from scratch in January. I just re-installed the plugin on the re-build (this time backed up countless times) as I'm trying to customise numerous Users with different roles as part of an e-commerce site built on WP e-commerce. A low level user was suddenly refused access (didn't have access privileges upon logging in). Last time I managed to lock myself out as well, which necessitated the re-build. This time I managed to de-activate the plugin and everything seems ok again: all users have access. However, my concern is that this could happen again... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS COULD HAPPEN / IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN??? I've de-activated the plugin, but haven't yet deleted it. Should I delete it? I've also read people's concerns about not being able to restore user roles to their default settings... should I be worried? I ran it in a test site and it seemed ok, the user capabilities were altered successfully with no access problems for any users, however when I replicated the role/capability alterations on the final build I encountered problems. It seems ERRATIC...
Any insight would be great.
To be fair to the plugin author, this probably isn't an easy plugin to develop. WordPress doesn't seem to have been designed to incorporate the kind of comprehensive user rights system that developers require.
Having said that, this plugin is:
- poorly supported*
- awkward UI
*I've followed the developer's instructions and requested support via email, and no response. I've also read their forum on Whimba.org (nothing useful their) and the support forum here on WordPress.org (lots of open, unanswered requests there too). It's particularly bad.
While I never like to slam a free plugin (it's a lot of work for no reward), I feel justified in voicing my concerns as I spent $30 on a premium version of this thing.
If you're thinking about buying this, think again. It's not ready for prime time.
If you're thinking about installing this, be sure to test it extensively first...and don't be afraid to try out alternatives (which is my next task).
same as another user:
The whole website CRASHED after installing the plugin. 500 Internal Server Error. Had to delete it by hand and restore database!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.