AddThis Share Buttons help drive traffic to your site by helping visitors share, bookmark and email your content to over 330 services.
Couldn't get add this to appear in mobile devices and couldn't get it to populate in blogs. A neat idea if it actually worked. I also see that most people who write support questions never receive a response, so the community isn't very bought into this product.
Installed, activated, nothing shows up.
Large buttons don't display at all. Medium size buttons do show, however it prevents posts summaries from displaying on the main and index pages and messed up the featured post slider with messed up titles and multiple image overlays. I took care to disable AddThis via the check box option on my static home page. I am running Yoast SEO which is noted in the Support forum to cause problems for AddThis.
Individual post pages displayed fine with the AddThis medium buttons.
Uninstalled the plugin and everything is back to normal. I was hoping after trying other plugins that either slowed down my site or included questionable backend services that AddThis was the solution. Will wait for a new version and try again.
I have given 5 stars before the last update (where custom button was removed), but without this option it lost its functionality for me :/
Very limited options.
Latest updates changed settings and made them not backward compatible, breaking my site the moment I went to the AddThis admin settings and saved them without changing anything.
You're better off just copying and pasting the HTML snippet into your theme than installing this.
a few problems.____some themes it does not work.
it wont show up on the front page of a few themes.
the support department did not know what to do
[Please do not post in uppercase & shout at us. Post de-capped.]
Can't customize the email templates as advertised, support is nonexistent, and noticeably slows down page load time.
Avoid this awful plugin!
If only I could give negative negative ratings, AddThis's Share Buttons would have received a straight negative 5* reating!
It seams that having successfully grown the company by now, they are more focused on large accounts and completely ignore the small clients. This is obviously their right, but they at least have the decency to update the marketing materials to reflect the following facts:
1) There is almost zero customer support on their site or on WP forums - many basic questions (that look more like other mislead clients...) go unanswered for long period
2) when they do get answered, the official answers contradict the official marketing materials regarding customisation functionality (that doesn't work...)
3) Customisation is almost impossible - you get stuck with their default service list and cannot customise it, even though there are a few ways advertised officially that explain how to customise the service/buttons list.
4) It has extremely basic customisation options - compared to other more modren plugins.
5) Even when I try to follow their instructions, it still gets completely messed up by wrong and limited CSS - makes me feel they were simply lazy....
6) Forget about the entire marketing bla bla bla about a long list of services - you get stuck with what they "think" is the best list (and somehow basic outdated....) for you and that it - take it or leave it.
Why negative review then?
Simply because they completely mislead us in their marketing materials!
If only were they honest a little - c'est la vie.
Utter rubbish, keep searching.
Makes the my site slow, amongst many other things.
Their support forum is like some clandestine cult, "sensite questions" are silenced. Complete and utter bs...
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.