AddThis Share Buttons help drive traffic to your site by helping visitors share, bookmark and email your content to over 330 services.
If only I could give negative negative ratings, AddThis's Share Buttons would have received a straight negative 5* reating!
It seams that having successfully grown the company by now, they are more focused on large accounts and completely ignore the small clients. This is obviously their right, but they at least have the decency to update the marketing materials to reflect the following facts:
1) There is almost zero customer support on their site or on WP forums - many basic questions (that look more like other mislead clients...) go unanswered for long period
2) when they do get answered, the official answers contradict the official marketing materials regarding customisation functionality (that doesn't work...)
3) Customisation is almost impossible - you get stuck with their default service list and cannot customise it, even though there are a few ways advertised officially that explain how to customise the service/buttons list.
4) It has extremely basic customisation options - compared to other more modren plugins.
5) Even when I try to follow their instructions, it still gets completely messed up by wrong and limited CSS - makes me feel they were simply lazy....
6) Forget about the entire marketing bla bla bla about a long list of services - you get stuck with what they "think" is the best list (and somehow basic outdated....) for you and that it - take it or leave it.
Why negative review then?
Simply because they completely mislead us in their marketing materials!
If only were they honest a little - c'est la vie.
While the plugin is easy-to-use and set up, the plugin wouldn't fully pay attention to options I did select, and it loads a ton of junk on every single page on WordPress even though you are/are not using AddThis on those page. I found way more control by manually adding just the simple AddThis generated code to the sections I needed.
I would like to see a greater choice of buttons, I'm having to find button code from the main website so I can use preferred buttons, and entering that into the custom button box.
Really like the filter for selectively allowing the buttons to display on certain category, tag, archives pages and individual posts and pages. Would be really neat to be able to mix up top and bottom of page displaying within the plugin settings.
Atendeu oq eu queria!
If you enable the option to track Address Bar Shares, this add-in will append a weird character string to each page as it is displayed. The plugin's settings configuration screen does not disclose this obnoxious behavior so you could end up spending quite a bit of time tracking down this bad behavior. If they disclosed it, that would be OK and you could decide whether to enable the feature.
After scanning the existing social sharing plugins, I picked this one as it looked promising, and the button sets were decent enough. After a week of use, I'm a bit disappointed though...
First, we signed up at their site to get analytics and usage stats. Even a week later, the page says there's nothing to report yet, and that the first data will appear within 24 hours. So it seems like reporting/analytics doesn't work at all.
Also, we have tried to customize the list of sites (to show the most popular ones). It works for some button styles, while for others, it will just use whatever the plugin thinks should be displayed, and not the ones in the custom list. We also found that the facebook like doesn't work at all - it just opens a blank page with the text /* OK */
So... we'll be switching to a different plugin when time allows.
Their support forum is like some clandestine cult, "sensite questions" are silenced. Complete and utter bs...
Utter rubbish, keep searching.
Makes the my site slow, amongst many other things.
The plugin is easy to install and use. It works well with my themes. But what I appreciate more than the awesome plugin is the support! Great help, quick and kind!
Keep up the excellent work -- it is appreciated!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.