WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

XMLRPC Problem (with possible solution) (2 posts)

  1. JarlNicolson
    Member
    Posted 9 years ago #

    Hi all,
    I'm new to this finding bugs, so please go easy on me if I was meant to submit a bug report somewhere else.
    I set myself up a blog again with 1.2.1, but as it was missing the xmlrpc file I just figured i'd go straight to the latest nightly build, 1.3a5.
    When I tried to use a blogging client (w.bloggar) however, I couldn't make it work. In my error log I was getting a bunch of fopen errors, couldn't find the file and whatnot.
    The problem was in line 287 and 288 of xmlrpc.php, setting the filename variable. As it sets the variable based off the web path, it gets thrown off when userdirs are used, as their local path is often not represented in the url.
    I changed those two lines to:
    $filename = ABSPATH . get_settings('blogfilename');
    and it seemed to work.
    I'm not a coder, I just had a look at other parts and put that together. If there is a reason for doing it the way it is currently done, then I guess i'll just have to live with it.
    I hope this helps.

  2. Randy
    Member
    Posted 9 years ago #

    If I'm not mistaken, the XMLRPC dohickey was changed in the 1.3 whatchamajigger.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.