I was wondering if this has been solved yet as ive had this problem since installing wordpress ages ago, i now run 184.108.40.206 and today when trying to validate my feed in technorati it fails as its finding the url without the trailing slash.
Started edit files and trying to add the slash in options but as others have found the slash doesnt save. Tried putting the url with index.php on the end and ended up trashing my blog, had to go into the database with phpadmin and edit the text that was save to remove the index page text as i couldnt login afterwards.
I had edited the template files in places originally to add the slash as i noticed that various links were not working without it, when clicked i would be redirected to my site homepage as the blog page couldnt be found, noticed today while trying to solve the technorati problem that the feed xml text in the link field was also missing the trailing slash so in the end i edited the rdf and rss and rss2 files to add the slash after the blogurl variable and the feed now shows the correct link. Problem is i think when trying to cliam my feed with Technorati it is only reading the blogurl as in the database as saved under options os it goes to the wrong place and never finishes claiming it. I have logged a support ticket with them explaining what is happening so hopefully they will add my feed correctly.
My website is http://www.coolwebpagetools.com the blog is located at http://www.coolwebpagetools.com/blog/
If you leave the slash of as in http://www.coolwebpagetools.com/blog you will see what happens.
As i say i have added the slash at the end in the php files wherever bloginfo_rss('url') appears so that it shows correctly but there are still places like on the admin screen for the visit blog link fetches just the url as in the database that i havent changed yet.
The problem would disappear if wordpress allowed the trailing slash to be saved.
For the rss feeds i edited the rdf, rss and rss 2 files in the blog root and changed the link tags to have a / after the blog url is called and now when i click on the feed link it shows up in the xml generated file.
Dont have access to the appache config files so cant change them. Could do it with htaccess but i feel this should really be done within wordpress by allowing the correct path to be saved. As obviously any programs or readers looking for the url will find the wrong one if only picking it up from the info saved in options.
Was hoping this had been fixed after upgrading to 220.127.116.11 but it hasnt. Wont upgrade again until i know it going to work.