WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] wp_list_categories 2.8.1 stopped working (10 posts)

  1. djr3110
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    HELP!!!

    This line of code was working a min ago and since I clicked the auto upgrade from 2.8 and moved to 2.8.1 the code doesn't work - my sidebar says No Categories???

    <?php wp_list_categories('orderby=order&include=23,25,26,27,20&depth=2&title_li='); ?>

    Anyone

  2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 5 years ago #

    wp_list_categories works just fine in 2.8.1

    Try deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

  3. djr3110
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I think it's more to do with the plugin my category order. I've decided to hard code category list instead easier and quicker in the long run, should have done it from the start.

    Thank you anyway

  4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Strange. I've not had any problems with that plugin and 2.8.

  5. WPChina
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I also just discovered this problem with wp_list_categories in 2.8.1! Plugins do not seem to be the problem for me, though I will continue to test them all again :(

  6. WPChina
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I have not been able to spot the reason for the problem or any relation to my plugins :(

    I too am going to hardcode in the category names and links, as that seems the only solution right now.

  7. rezyn8
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I am also having the same problem. I am using the following:

    wp_list_categories('title_li=&use_desc_for_title=0&orderby=menu_order&hierarchical=1&echo=0')

  8. Mark / t31os
    Moderator
    Posted 5 years ago #

    wp_list_categories('title_li=&use_desc_for_title=0&orderby=menu_order&hierarchical=1&echo=0')

    You've set it to return instead of echo... (echo=0)

    Would be of use to see the accompanying code in that case..

    Does removing any of the optional parameters have an effect on whether you get any functionality?

  9. rezyn8
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Thanks for making me look at it from a different angle. I replaced the above code with the following:

    wp_list_categories('title_li=&use_desc_for_title=0&hierarchical=1&echo=0&orderby=ID')

    So the culprit in this case was &orderby=menu_order. Not sure where I picked up menu_order from as it does not seem to be a documented variable in the codex. Strangely enough the old code was working before upgrading to 2.8.1 from 2.7.

  10. maurettol86
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I had the same problem, just re install "My Category Order" plug in. Select My Category Order from the menu and the taxonomy file will be patched again. That worked for me! WP 2.8.4

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic