In reference to the title above this is basically what happens
1. I download 2.6
2. I put it in a folder called blogstuff
3. I make a new folder called fishing
4. I copy the 2.6 contents of blogstuff and paste them in fishing
5. I make the changes needed and load the file to my server
6. I type in …...../fishing/wp-admin/install.php and press enter
7. WP says I have a new blog, I name it and get a password
8. I type in admin use the password press enter and I get
So it has the blogstuff folder address first then the fishing folder address right after blogstuff
The thing that confuses me is that "Blogstuff was never loaded on the server", I just copy from it. It acts like a bank for the virgin 2.6 files.
I have deleted the folders on the servers, database files, browser histories, cookies, internet files, several times and started over and it still happens.
Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated