WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress.org - Firefox (23 posts)

  1. Nick Momrik
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Is the site crawling for anyone else in Firefox today?

  2. phidauex
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Yes, its very odd... It seems to take forever to scroll, though the page loads fast. Also, typing this comment is incredibly laggy. IE doesn't seem to be expressing these symptoms. Weird stuff.

  3. Nick Momrik
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Yes...I'm experiencing other oddities today as well. The background doens't fully load in FF, in IE, this comment box just jumped way out to the right over the top of the dark sidebar. Maybe Matt is tweaking...

  4. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

    The box jumps in IE because the width for the textarea is set as a percentage in the css. The "crawling" I usually find has something quirky to do with changes in the css but I am not finding that in Firefox right now, hmmm....

  5. OperaManiac
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    this problem existed some days back... weird.
    it was fixed in later nightlies of firefox...

  6. Mark (podz)
    Support Maven
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Looks fine here - I put any oddness down to possible server load.
    My version of FF is the standard release - I've not got into nightlies with *that* yet :)

  7. Nick Momrik
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Where do you find the nightlies for FF? I did a quick look and couldn't find them on Mozilla's site. Could only find them for Mozilla.

  8. Mark (podz)
    Support Maven
    Posted 10 years ago #

  9. OperaManiac
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

  10. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Its incredibly laggy in FF & IE but at least after 2 days I can finally connect without configuration errors. is it a minibb problem? main site is fine. lets see if this will post.

  11. sunshine
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    YES! This is terrible.
    My mouse won't scroll, the background image is doing something weird, url bar does not update when I go to a new page, and my CPU usage just jumped to over 50%.
    And only on WP.org. :(

  12. Nick Momrik
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Just upgraded to the nightly FF...works sweet. :-)

  13. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

    I'm getting all this wierdness as well in Galeon 1.2.7 (Red Hat Linux 9.0). Since Galeon is Gecko (Mozilla) based, I'm sure it's the same issue. It can't be network-related either, since the page has fully loaded.
    As described above, scrollbars are unusably slow, the mouse cursor is flickering in a wierd way. Typing is really slowwwwww!
    'top' shows galeon taking about 10% CPU, with 'X' taking the remaining 90%. I'm not running much else.

  14. Nick Momrik
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    If I look at the javacript console....it's coming up with errors on the Google Ads....that may be the problem.

  15. OperaManiac
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    for me the developers blog is hellish in Opera...

  16. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

    We don't have any google ads anymore.

  17. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

    I don't think this is a JavaScript issue. I've got JavaScript turned off and the problem is just as bad. In fact, it seems to be getting worse!

  18. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Is it working better now?

  19. scooter
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    I haven't noticed any of this, I'm using Firefox .8. :o

  20. phidauex
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Its better for me now. I'm using the regular download version of 0.8, and while I had lots of problems earlier, I just left the computer for a few hours, I'm back, and all my symptoms are gone. Strange.

  21. davidchait
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Yes. Firefox was up near 100% CPU usage earlier today, and the background wasn't spanning the entire side-edges. Now it is performing like normal. What changed? ;)
    -d

  22. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Yes, the problem is now completely fixed on Galeon (Mozilla) under RH9. Thanks for sorting this out!

  23. sunshine
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.