I've been struggling with Movable Type, trying to get it to work as CMS for a web site I am designing for my wife. She is a filmmaker and would like to have a site that has the following features:
(1) A main page, with links to sections devoted to each of the films she's done, a section about herself, and headlines from a blog with the latest news.
(2) Sections for each of the films she's done, that have a unique template/CSS/and menus.
(3) Easy manipulation of images loaded up to the site, so that if she uses an image in one page, she can easily find it and use it in another page.
(4) Dynamic category/section menus that update whenever she adds a new page to the section of the site devoted to a particular film.
(4) Update all the content with ecto. (Actually, this is the reason I discovered WordPress - I really wanted her to be able to use ecto to update the site.)
So, do you think that WordPress would be suitable for this. Although a blog will be part of it, most of the site will be static web pages (but dynamic category/section menus). The important concern here is design. As an artist her site needs to be eye catching and easy to make look good.
Has anyone created similar WordPress sites that I might look at?