Nothing has worked for me either after trying all the above suggestions.
Personally, the Visual Editor works when I create a new Post. However, after the post is saved a few times it is prone to playing up and I can no longer access it. However, when I create a new post and paste the old html code (from the Post where the Visual editor didn't work) into it, then it will work fine again - and I may not have further troubles, unless of course it is saved one too many times. It's incredibly inconsistent.
On other Blog Posts, when I return to edit them, the Visual Editor just doesn't work at all from the very beginning.
I am getting the same result on the latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Prism.
Personally I don't use the Kimli Flash plugin. Therefore, at least for me, this is not the cause.
There must be a global cause for this issue arising from the upgrade to WP 2.7. If we are all using different plugins and browsers then there has to be something more to this. Unless there are several plugins causing the same error.
Can all members who are having problems with the Visual Editor clearly list the symptoms here.
- Does it happen all the time?
- Does it happen when you save a post several times?
- Does anything else disappear when the Visual Editor plays up? For instance the revision posts disappear for me.
- Does it happen for specific posts and not for others?
- Can you paste the HTML from the Post where the Visual Editor isn't working, and into another new Post? Does this resolve the issue?
- Anything else you have discovered or any other symptoms that you would like to share about this problem.
May be in this way we can gather an overall perspective of the extent of the problem.