WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Custom Post Type UI
[resolved] "with_front" & "Get Code" bugs 0.8.1 (3 posts)

  1. a.c
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    Upon updating from 0.8 to 0.8.1 my 3 existing CPT's (created with this plugin) permalinks broke (resulting in 404s). Flushing the permalinks did not resolve the issue.

    The "with_front" option had produced problems in the past, so I went back into each of my CPT's and reset each "with_front" option (each were set to "false"), but had no luck. I also tried switching each to "true", also with no luck. Regardless of which option I selected, the behavior remained the same: the "base" was being prepended to the permalink, causing an improper URL.

    I decided to use the "Get Code" link on each CPT and compare it to the WP Codex for accuracy, specifically the "with_front" value. Sure enough, each CPT had a different value for "with_front" (which requires a Boolean): "1", "true", and "0" respectively. My CPTs were set to "false", "true", and "false" respectively in the plugin.

    I used the code to manually create the CPTs in my functions.php file, corrected the "with_front" values to "false", "false", "false" respectively, disabled the plugin, flushed the permalinks, and everything worked again.

    Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon, as this is a great plugin.

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/

  2. Michael Beckwith
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 9 months ago #

    Seeing as this is the 2nd report I've had on this topic, I am definitely going to be investigating it and really soon. Thanks for the report. Expect a bug fix sometime this week, depending on how my work schedule pans out.

  3. Michael Beckwith
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 9 months ago #

    Filed an issue here https://github.com/WebDevStudios/custom-post-type-ui/issues/110 if you wish to follow.

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic