WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Google Language Translator
[resolved] Widget showing but not working (6 posts)

  1. Ephilant
    Member
    Posted 10 months ago #

    I've installed the widget in the header of http://www.tripbrokers.gr. It shows exactly where I want it, but that is all it does. It has absolutely no functionality. I can put the short code on any page I like, it works fine. As soon as I put it in the header (where I need it to be), it shows, but doesn't function. I would appreciate some help on this.
    Thanks

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-language-translator/

  2. Rob Myrick
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 10 months ago #

    Hi Ephilant, thanks for your post. It appears that you placed the translator in an area that is positioned vertically beneath another transparent area above it. So the translator is appearing, but it's essentially stuck behind the area above, so you can't click it.

    I would need access to the site in order to fix it quickly. Contact me here if you would like me to help.

    http://www.studio88design.com/get-in-touch/

    Thanks!

  3. Ephilant
    Member
    Posted 10 months ago #

    details left, thanks

  4. TJR3217
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    I am having a similar problem. When I place the shortcode on any page, it works great. But when I place into any widget, the language bar does not show. Any ideas? Really need some help on this.

    Thanks,

    Tim

  5. Ephilant
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    Rob has done an outstanding job in solving this problem for me. Cannot praise this enough, absolutely excellent. Thorough, fast, courtious and even cleans up after him :) I'll leave this open until you get sorted as well.

  6. Rob Myrick
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 9 months ago #

    Thanks for both your posts.....I'm glad we have this resolved! Both of these issues have been fixed......TJR3217 had two instances of the translator on a single page, which is not allowed by Google.

    In the case of Ephilant above, there was a positioning issue where the translator was being covered by an element directly on top of the plugin. I just logged in to the site and fixed this quick CSS fix.

    If anyone has further issues, please let us know here.

    Thanks, Rob

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic