My 2 cents. I have been using widget logic for a long time and was very happy with it. I had the above issues, after the upgrade, and I did fix them partially. I would still have to go into accessibility mode and it still wasn't right and I was having memory issues.
I've been turning on and off my widget and measuring and widget logic visual was using a lot of memory. Don't know if I did not notice it before or what or if it's my theme but now I was having issues.
Truthfully I did want to remove widget logic but I did. I used an excel spreadsheet to make note of what widgets I had showing where and I went with display widgets and it works and is using very little memory.
So if you are having issues that won't correct, you might try it.