By any chance, if your webhost provides you with cPanel, you can access the .htaccess file.
Here's the steps:
1. Login to your cPanel (usually: http://YOURDOMAIN.com:2082)
2. Click on "File Manager" and a new window will popup-up.
3. Click on the folder icon beside "public_html" and you should see a .htaccess file in there.
4. I am assuming you'll have to set permissions to it, so click on .htaccess, and on the top-right corner of the screen, a small menu will appear.
5. From the menu, click on (not 100% sure) "Set file permission" and then check all the boxes. It should say 777.
That should do the job. And if you can't seem to find your .htaccess file because you don't have cPanel, it'll be best if you contact your host.