WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Websites Not Loading on Local Wamp Server (3 posts)

  1. vinsprinter
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi, Can anybody help me. I am having a bit of a bummer with WordPress at the minute. First things first.

    1. I was working on webpages and when I was testing the index page looking for where div's started and finished using dreamweaver and inserting a line of characters i.e. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB and saving the page to see where they characters showed up, in order to see the position on the page. But they were not showing up. Dreamweaver seemed to be saving the information but it was not showing when I refreshed the wordpress page on the local server (Wamp Version 2.2).

    To cut a long story even longer is saved all the files from the local server folder. I reinstalled WAMP 2.2 - Now when I put in the following to the browser - http://localhost - I get the local host page showing with all the websites in the local host folder. But - and here is the problem - when I wish to open a particular site to work on it all I get is this -

    <?php
    /**
     * Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
     * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
     *
     * @package WordPress
     */
    
    /**
     * Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
     *
     * @var bool
     */
    define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);
    
    /** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
    require('./wp-blog-header.php');

    Can somebody enlighten me - it is probably a very simple solution but I just don't know what has gone wrong.

  2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

    PHP is not running on your local server.

  3. jdblundell
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Another possible option - I was trying to rebuild a site from a backup to my local server and I was seeing the same issues.
    Other sites worked fine but this site would not.
    I found that .htaccess files from my online install were the problem.
    Look for any .htaccess files in your main directories- including wp-content or wp-admin or wp-includes.
    They may need to be renamed or deleted to get things working again.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic