I really don't know what's occuring or how to trouble-shoot it so I hope some of you can point me in the direction.
When I checked the site a couple of weeks ago with Xenu, it displayed every link - internel and external on the site including images links, anchor links etc. and found they were working as they should but today when I check it, I only see two links.
I've checked with my host site but they tell me its a wp issue, I just don't know how to trouble shoot it.
I've reinstalled WP 3.4.2, reactivated the Twenty Ten theme and deactivated all the plugins but nothing changed.
I suspect it may have something to do with either NextGen Gallery (I activated permalinks) or WP eCommerce which I briefly activated to see how it worked but deactivated again almost instantly. I've done nothing else on the site that could have brought about this change - not knowingly anyway :)
I've uploaded both the Xenu report and a screen shot of the query to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4hfulabk6kpzgd/J8leNlcn9q for viewing.
All urls on the website are working but I've no idea what is causing the redirect and if there could be a knock-on effect with google crawling the site. I assume that by it's very nature it's slowing the loadtime. Plus there's the added issue of not being able to check my links with Xenu when it's not getting past the index page.
Many thanks in anticipation