1. Login to your WordPress administration panel
2. Select Presentation ->Theme Editor from the navigation menu
3. On the Theme Editor page, you will see a list of “theme files” to the right of the page. Select the “Main index template” (index.php).
4. Find the following line
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
5. Above it add the following line
<?php $count = 1; ?>
Comments:-$count is the variable and you have to assign a value to that variable. In this case the value is 1.
6. Find the line <?php endwhile; ?>
7. Add the following code directly above it (replace AdSense Code with your code)
<?php if ($count == 1) : ?>
AdSense Code 1
<?php elseif ($count == 2) : ?>
AdSense Code 2
<?php endif; $count++; ?>
Comment:-We can count how many times the loop has cycled by adding the block of code above. Remember at the start we added <?php $count = 1; ?>, well above we check $count, if count is 1 we place adsense code 1, if its 2 we place adsense code 2.NOTE : To change which post your Adsense is placed under, simply change the count number, for example: $count == 2 will place the Adsense under post 2
8. Find the line <?php endwhile; ?>
9. Below it add the following code:
<?php if ($count != 2 AND $count != 3 ) : ?>
Adsense Code 3
<?php endif; ?>
Comment:-The adsense will be added after the very last post on the home page because it’s been added after <?php endwhile; ?>It also tells us that if the adove 2 ads are not the last ads than add Google Adsense Code 3 at the end.
10. Click Save, then go view your site to confirm that the Adsense has been added to the first post listing on your home page. Note - if you want the same thing to show on the category or archive pages then that’s easy. You just need to copy and paste what you ‘ve done to either your archive.php or category.php.
If you want to see a demo of this then you can visit my site http://www.bloggerholic.com