I have uploaded version 2.0 as a BETA - You can download it from the development tab. There is quite a lot of changes, so I would like a little help with testing as I have limited time to do so. I have tested myself except the email options, as I cant get emails to work on my test system.
The new features represents my understanding of your wishes for new functionality - Let me know if I understood you correct :)
The possibility to have custom templates is done to accommodate conflicting wishes and challenges with Theme compatibility. It is also my intention to offer support for Custom Fields and Custom Post-types using these templates - But not before it has proven stable as it is now.
To use Template forms: You can copy the forms located in the forms directory of the plugin to your theme
create a subdirectory in you theme (or child theme) folder: /plugins/frontier-post/
- Example: wordpress/wp-content/themes/twentytwelve/plugins/frontier-post/
Note: ONLY install on test system, and please note it will say version 1.7 (will correct on next version)
Content of version 2.0 BETA:
* Template forms: Forms can be copied (and changed) to theme folder - See FAQ
* Option: Exclude categories by ID from dropdowns on form
* Option: Email to list of emails on post for approval
* Option: Email to Author when post is approved (Pending to Publish)
* Save button on Frontier edit form (so user can save post and stay on form)
* Submit button: New setting to decide if user is taken to My Posts or to the actual post when a new post is submitted or edited.