WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Plugin Organizer
[resolved] Updating to 3.0 breaks site (35 posts)

  1. emielm
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Still not working after update 3.0.4.

    Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in [path]/wp-includes/query.php on line 27

    Also the add plugin filter menu doesn't display anything.

    We will stick with the old version for a while..

  2. jasonpaulweber
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    What worked for me (WP 3.5.2) and the blank screen issue was to just:

    - Use cPanel / Plesk / FTP / Whatever to delete the mu-plugin file and rename the /plugins/plugin-organizer folder to plugin-organizer-bak
    - Go to your wp-admin and then to your plugins
    - Tick the box that selects all plugins, so all are selected
    - Drop down box - select "deactivate" and bulk actions -- hit "Apply"

    All plugins are now deactivated.

    - Install a fresh copy of plugin organizer and activate it
    - Go to your wp-admin / settings / plugin organizer
    - Last option on the screen, under "MU Plugin File", select "move" and then "submit"
    - After you've moved the file to the MU Plugins folder, go to your wp-admin / plugins
    - Tick that same box to select all plugins (but uncheck the plugin organizer option)
    - From the drop-down box select "activate" and then bulk actions, "approve"
    - Selectively deactivate the plugins you want to keep, but want deactivated.
    - Go back to your /plugins/ directory and delete the plugin-organizer-bak folder that you had renamed

    It only took me about 2 minutes to do all of that. But it worked, and it was a lot easier than what it seems like.

    ~ Jason

  3. Andres Felipe
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I hope it helps some of You, what I did was

    1. By ftp delete the folder plugin in wp-content/plugins and the PluginOrganizerMU.class.php in wp-content/mu-plugins
    2. Go to your dashboard (it must be working now)
    3. Go to plugins tab (You should see a red message up there saying about plugin organizer its been deactivated)
    4. Download the last version (at this moment 3.0.6) and uploaded it by ftp to wp-content/plugins
    5. Extract the file
    6. Go to your dashboard (it must be working already)
    7. Go to plugins tab and activate plugin organizer (It must be ok)
    8. Move the PluginOrganizerMU.class.php to wp-content/mu-plugins

    Enjoy!

  4. Andres Felipe
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    For Jeff, I found this, I hope it could help:

    Error get_page_permastruct() in link-template SOLVED

    I’m currently developing a wordpress plugin, that will automatically update broken link references.

    I’m calling get_permalink($id) from within my plugin. But it’s not working.

    The error

    Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 276

    This means that the function get_page_permastruct() which is a method of WP_Rewrite object, is being called when the $wp_rewrite object has not been instantiated by wordpress already.

    The solution
    The solution is to create a global variable called $wp_rewrite in your plugin, before you call get_permalink().

    $wp_rewrite = new WP_Rewrite();

    Make sure it’s global (don’t declare the variable insid :D function).

    With this the error should desapear :D

    Source: http://c.onfigs.com/php/error-get-page-permastructin-link-template-solved/

  5. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks for the suggestion Andres. I understand what the error is and how to create the object but I never call get_permalink and should I be creating a wp_rewrite object of my own and making it global before wordpress creates its objects? I'm guessing that the people who are getting this error are on a multisite install because the network plugins are loaded before the default rewrite, post types, and taxonomies are created. I'm not sure why the wordpress developers did that but maybe they had a reason since the normal plugins are loaded a few lines down after those things are created. I'm not seeing this error on my installs and only a few people are reporting this so I'm not sure if I would be creating a new problem to solve that one by messing with wp_rewrite. I'll have to look into it and see if that is the best thing to do. Another solution is to call the functions that create all of the default objects including the rewrite but again I don't want to cause new issues. If anyone who is getting this error wants to test the fix I'm talking about put the following code at line 162 of your PluginOrganizerMU.class.php file. Right at the start of the disable_network_plugins function.

    create_initial_taxonomies();
    create_initial_post_types();

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.