WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

W3 Total Cache
[resolved] Update to 0.9.2.6 a Disaster for me Too! (16 posts)

  1. robnalexpress
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'm a W3TC fan, and a long time user, on 4 different sites. The latest update does not play well with my Headway 3.4.4 Theme, and adds/changes all kinds of weird characters to text. The word Résumé becomes "Résumé" and this text:

    "Thirty years of training and experience­ have produced effective techniques­ in a variety of liturgical and musical­ environments, an expanding­ knowledge of music of the church, and valuable occasions for personal­ and spiritual growth."

    Turns into this:

    "Thirty years of training and experience­ have produced effective techniques­ in a variety of liturgical and musical­ environments, an expanding­ knowledge of music of the church, and valuable occasions for personal­ and spiritual growth."

    I'll try a clean install when I have time, but for now my beloved W3TC is deactivated!

    Rob

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/

  2. mbrsolution
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hello @robnalexpress some have previously posted that it is best to uninstalled the old plugin delete all the plugins files from your sever via FTP and install the new upgrade. This has worked for all who have reported issues like yourself.

    Try and see if this works. It might also fix the issue you are having with your theme.

    Kind regards

  3. Frederick Townes
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Can you temporarily activate and submit a bug submission form from the support tab of the plugin?

  4. robnalexpress
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    @Frederick Townes-

    Submitted bug submission. Tried complete removal and clean install. Still getting the strange mangled text with W3 active.

    Thanks for all your work on this amazing plugin. I'm grateful, in advance, for any assistance. I have 3 other sites running W3TC, and reluctant to upgrade 'till I get this figured out.

    Rob

  5. mbrsolution
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi, I am doing the same as @robnalexpress. I am not going to upgrade until 80% to 90% report success with the next release or which ever release is right. My site is doing great with the 0.9.2.5 version"modified version".

    This is a great plugin, thank you Frederick Townes. I know you will get it right soon.

    I will wait :)

    Kind regards

  6. nemoprofeta
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I had the same problem yesterday. Added the encoding meta to the head and cleared the cache and the problem was gone.
    Hopefully it is solved in a plugin update.

  7. Keating
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hello

    My entire site goes like this:

    ��}�Vܸ��߰V�AqΞ�=���{�� �${& g ���̬,ٖ� n�� M''Os��<�W%�n�/�>&䘬[V�J�R�W%��{����ٿN��q4q��ۣ�_Em4޵���gO�?_����u��� ���u�g������m4��i}ڪ��8�q��t$N.�(GY�"K9x��'Z���^����> $�B,'�W�(P�K�Ѿ�<��"iw�(#�>�F��~�#nrWp �1�����2ja�Q�t*�3v.�c�E̋Գ��bʻ}%bWQ�sL��E�qd�}�4���۳�E6��}e^Rױh�ꚞ�p|�k��v����h��3]?�h��n��a[rz����9��N �1��K~�1(! ��bd�  �'> y�&��HT���ƞ�x$�B݈��z��:&�1ma�����W~9=%ͺ��q�����K)���aY�f̒�7�;�Ƞ��g01߬� Hv$��q

    My header looks like this:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en-US" xmlns:og="http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/">

    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

    Any ideas?

  8. Keating
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Looking further into it, it is caused by the Page Cache settings. If I disable those but enable the rest it works fine.

    I am using WP 3.4.2 also, not 3.5.1.

  9. Frederick Townes
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    @nemoprofeta, what did you add exactly?

  10. alchymyth
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

    @Keating

    please start your own topic;

    hijacking an existing thread does not help anybody.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Where_To_Post

  11. nemoprofeta
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I added this line, which was not present in the head of the html
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

    I also cleared the cache, don't know if clearing would have been enough.

  12. robnalexpress
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    For me, this issue occurs when page cache is set to Disk: Enhanced. Changing the setting to Disk: Basic eliminates the issue for me.

  13. robnalexpress
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    The fix, posted here by nisiwi, solved it for me:

    Just add

    AddDefaultCharset utf-8

    to your htaccess file in the wp-content/cache/page_enhanced folder and voila problem resolved!

  14. nemoprofeta
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks, I hope soon a new release will include this fix.

  15. robnalexpress
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Note to other users of the above fix:

    If you empty your W3TC page cache after adding "AddDefaultCharset utf-8" to the htaccess file in the wp-content/cache/page_enhanced folder, you may get a W3TC warning that new rules need to be written to the file. If you click auto-install, it will overwrite the change and you'll be back to square one, so just click "hide this message" and ignore it.

    Rob

  16. robnalexpress
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    FWIW, I just upgraded 3 other sites to version, 0.9.2.8, fully expecting to have to use the above fix, however my sites that have a static front page do not have this issue- it's only on the sites that have a blog index on the front page.

    UPDATE: Posted too soon- Seeing it on the other sites now too.

    Rob

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic