I have a custom post type "projects" with a custom taxonomy "project-type." I'm using the custom meta boxes "plugin" (not a literal WP plugin) developed by Bill Erickson et al. I'm running the Thesis Theme framework 1.84. However, I don't think it's the plugin or the theme...
If I try to select a project type taxonomy within the "project" post editor and hit update, the taxonomy isn't updated. Worse yet, it clears all taxonomy values associated with that project. Oddly, I added a column in the admin screen to display the custom taxonomy values and I am able to update the taxonomy values via WP's built-in quick edit feature.
I've tried turning off all the plugins, I've tried new "project" posts, I've tried eliminating the code for adding the taxonomy column in the admin screen.
This isn't my first custom post or custom taxonomy, so I'm sure this code works and I can't see any other issues anywhere. It is the only custom post/taxonomy for this WP install.