WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Plugin Organizer
[resolved] Update from V3.1.1 to 3.2.4 not so good. (17 posts)

  1. lesb55
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Continually got this message in WP admin:
    'The plugin 0 has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist'

    Also this from W3 Total Cache:
    'One or more plugins have been activated or deactivated, please empty the page cache and check the minify settingds to maintain the desired user experience'

    (doesn't matter how many time you clear all caches - both these messages remain)

    Trying to change the plugin load order is now no longer successful, and gives this notice:
    'The order values were not unique so no changes were made'

    The plugin load order does appear to have been changed, but upon refreshing the page, shows no change.

    Also now cannot deactivate any plugins (including Plugin Organizer) from WPadmin plugins page.

    Rolling back to 3.1.1 (still works OK with WP 3.6)

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-organizer/

  2. boborg
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Yes same issue for me

  3. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Are you both running w3 total cache?

  4. lesb55
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Latest version W3 Total Cache(0.9.3)

    I can give access to our test website to check this behavior if you need Jeff.

  5. boborg
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I am using WP SuperCache

  6. czcsabi
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Im also using W3 Total Cache and can confirm the error messages. Also plugin order and plugin deactivation arent working.

  7. Willians Biehl
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Do not use the W3 Total Cache or any other cache, and the same message is displayed for me.

  8. astrasuite
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Just to add, I am using W3TC, BJ lazy Load, Widget Cache, and no such message ....

  9. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    I have installed w3 total cache with no problems. I messed around on my site for a while and tried enabling/disabling plugins. I even upgraded PO from 3.2.4 to 3.2.5. I'm not seeing any errors. This must be specific to your setup.

  10. Willians Biehl
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hello Jeff, do not use any kind of cache and the error happens to me, any prediction qunado you will release the new version?

  11. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    I don't have anything to release since I don't see any problems. I can't get these errors to show up on my sites.

  12. lesb55
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Jeff,
    I can give you access to our duplicate (test) website if you want to see this behavior.

    I can't seem to get past captcha for the contact form on your website.

  13. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    I still have the login info from the last time you gave it to me. Looks like I'm blocked though. Can you unblock me and I'll take a look?

  14. lesb55
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Na- the website was re-duplicated and your credentials got wiped.

    I have now added the same credentials again, you should be able to login again OK.

  15. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Ok So it looks like when you don't have a multisite install you sometimes have an array saved to the active_sitewide_plugins option. This array contains one position and it is empty. So when plugin organizer checked to see if you had network activated plugins it found that empty array and I didn't code it to check that the file exists before adding it to the active pluins array. So you ended up with a 0 in your array of active plugins. When you go to the plugin page it deactivates the plugin because that file doesn't exist. but plugin oprganizer puts it back because it sees it as a network activated plugin. That's why you were getting the message. I will release a new version that fixes this. Strange that you have an option for active_sitewide_plugins but its not multi site.

  16. lesb55
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Great you found the problem Jeff.

    I've not had either of these websites ever running as multi sites.
    Both these websites are on an xen VPS server (WHM) with separate cPanel accounts.
    Some things just ain't worth the time to find out 'the why'.

  17. czcsabi
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Jeff,
    I can confirm that after the latest update (3.2.6) the error has gone away and W3 cache is acting normally again. Thank you for your efforts.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.