I've seen other threads about this problem but yet to find a cure. Let me explain what happened:
- I imported my tumblr posts to my wordpress just to see if I was able to... for future reference. And it worked -- BUT I noticed I was unable to delete any of them from my WordPress.
- I logged into phpMyAdmin and deleted the tumblr posts manually from my WordPress MySQL.
- This is when I noticed that I was unable to post or publish anything on WP. I'm not sure if this occurred BEFORE or AFTER deleting the tumblr posts manually -- but I didn't notice it til afterward.
I have spent the past two days troubleshooting. This is what I've done so far:
1. Made sure I'm still an admin on WP -- I am. I even checked the coding in MySQL -- everything seems correct. I've been using my husband's WP database as a reference, as his is working fine.
2. I made an entirely NEW wordpress account in a new database. I'm using Twenty Eleven theme, no plug-ins. And it works fine UNTIL I import my old wordpress posts over. Clearly there is something wrong with my old database. I've tried at least 3-4 different types of ways to import my old files over -- and everytime it messes up and I'm unable to delete, edit, or publish a post.
Something clearly went wrong when I either imported tumblr posts or deleted them manually. I'm pretty sure it's the tumblr posts (other people have been having issues with this)...
I'm hoping I don't have to create & use a new WordPress. I hate to lose all my old posts. Any one know of any other options? I feel like I have tried just about everything I can think of.
** I am using an older version of WP. I downgraded from 3.2.1 to see if that was an issue -- it wasn't.