I have been running the latest two versions of WP & am on the most current (2.5) - but I saw this issue before & still see it after the 2.5 upgrade.
Previously (pre-2.5 install) on Internet Explorer I got the cookies error (i.e. when you try to log in the following error message appears: ERROR; WordPress requires Cookies but your browser does not support them or they are blocked).
Since 2.5 I simply get nothing i.e. I fill in the log in details & then when I select log in, the boxes go blank & I am not logged in.
Being new to WP, I have searched high and low on the support forums and seen numerous posts for resolution which I have tried without success.
Therefore, I was wondering whether or not someone could have a look at this for me please?
- WP installed in the root of a sub-domain i.e. subdomain.maindomain.co.uk;
- SQL version at my host is 5.0.22;
- Only theme being used currently is the default theme;
- Only plug-ins being used are: photoxhibit & podpress (have deactivated both to see if it resolves the problem - it did not);
- Checked that my browsers are actually able to accept cookies - they are - and have deleted all internet history & restarted the browser - twice for each fix tried;
- Checked the database table (wp-options) to ensure that the correct URL is entered i.e. subdomain.maindomain.co.uk;
- Have re-installed WP a couple of times (including deleting & re-creating the SQL database) & this removes the problem. However, as soon as re-import my database (as I don't want to lose my posts) the problem re-surfaces. So maybe a problem with an item in the database is what I am thinking?
So I am now at a loss to resolve this.
As I use Safari as my default browser, I have no problem getting in and administering my blog. However, most of the people that view it are using IE or FF - which means they can't log in & comment.