I was having an issue with tweet not appearing in the widget, some digging lead to be the culprit being the Twitter search simply not indexing the tweets, obviously not a fault of the widget.
My request is that the plugin be updated to use the users direct feed as opposed to the search API since it is infinitely more reliable. The only draw back I could think of was loading a potentially giant RSS feed as opposed to filtering by request the "limit" could only be enforced during the output. Would be easy enough to implement as a configuration since the only thing that changes is the url format.
I have updated the function on my end to have it working like I would like (only 2 small changes) but didn't want to post here because I don't generally work in PHP so I figured I'd leave the actual implementation to someone smarter than me, but my code can be provided if you'd like.
The changes I made actually resolved another issue I had with HTMLEncoding of some of the characters (namingly ' and ") in the Tweets, I didn't look into it very much just happy that it was resolved as well but I assume that this is related to slightly different output between the access points.