There are a number of ways to go about this, but here's how *I* do it:
1. Set up a class declaration in your theme's stylesheet for 'clickable' thumbnail images. Here's an example:
padding: 0 8px 12px 8px;
background-position: center bottom;
2. We need a 'click' image for this. Here's one:
but feel free to make your own. Keep the following in mind:
- The image should be as small as it possibly can.
- Length of image text should not be more then the width of your thumbnails. Same goes for height of text and bottom padding. These can be offset somewhat by playing with the padding values in your 'thumb' declaration.
- Make sure the path to the image in
url() is correct.
class="thumb" to the img tag of your clickable image thumbnails.