WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

thousands of 127.0.0.1 log errors (4 posts)

  1. beggers
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    My server error log is full of errors related to 127.0.0.1. Anyone have any ideas what's causing these?

    [Sun Jan 01 20:11:08 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/io
    [Sun Jan 01 20:11:08 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/io
    [Sun Jan 01 20:11:08 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/pinger
    [Sun Jan 01 20:11:08 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/pinger
    [Sun Jan 01 20:12:41 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script '/var/www/html/add_rss.php' not found or unable to stat
    [Sun Jan 01 20:12:41 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script '/var/www/html/add_rss.php' not found or unable to stat

  2. volomike
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I was seeing this too. As far as I can tell, it's part of the third-party Incutio XML RPC library used during the upgrade process.

    /var/log/apache2/access.log:127.0.0.1 - - [10/Jan/2012:17:16:24 -0500] "POST /pinger/ HTTP/1.0" 404 493 "-" "The Incutio XML-RPC PHP Library -- WordPress/3.3.1"

    That was in my access log at the same time that I had errors in my Apache error log (/var/log/apache2/error.log) that said:

    [Mon Jan 10 17:16:24 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/pinger

    On your system, I would guess that /var/www/html is where your web server hosts its files. In my case, mine is /var/www.

    That's all I have for now. If you find anything else out, please post it back here.

  3. beggers
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I figured out what the problem was. I had a long list of "Update Services" (under Writing Settings) that I cut & pasted from a list I found somewhere. I decided to run the list through a link checker and about 90% of the links were dead. After removing the dead links, no more ping errors.

  4. volomike
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    The user posted to me what the problem was, but for some reason it didn't post back to here. So, I'm posting it for him in hopes that it helps a user out there:

    "I figured out what the problem was. I had a long list of "Update Services" (under Writing Settings) that I cut & pasted from a list I found somewhere. I decided to run the list through a link checker and about 90% of the links were dead. After removing the dead links, no more ping errors."

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic