WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

The AJAX in my new 2.7.1 dashboard is broken (4 posts)

  1. atom503
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I upgraded to 2.7.1 from 2.6.something this morning. It seemed to work fine, the new dashboard was all shiny and the site still seemed to work. However, taking a look at one of my Pages, it shows that the widgets aren't in the right place anymore (the left column) and they're instead at the bottom of the text on the Pages. I went in to the admin dashboard to mess with my two widgets and see if that would help, and I've discovered I can't click and drag their order. The cursor changes to the four-way arrow when I mouse over them, but when I click and drag, it just highlights the text like it would in any browser. Also, I don't think the menus on the left of the main dashboard are working correctly, either. They have little arrows that appear when I mouseover them, but when I click on those arrows, nothing happens.

    I'm using the most recent version of Firefox on a PC with Vista, and I also tried IE7 to see if that was the issue.

    I assume I screwed something up in the install, but I don't know what it might be. I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to having to go through another upgrade next month.

    Any help will be appreciated.

  2. atom503
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Sorry about the double post. I'm not sure how that happened. Mods, please feel free to delete the other one. I can't seem to find a way to do it myself.

  3. atom503
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I've also just logged in to my old wordpress.com site to see if it was my browser, and it's not. In my wordpress.com dashboard, all the AJAX stuff works just fine. So that helps to narrow it down, I would suspect.

    I'm going to stop replying to myself and hope someone else replies to me now. Thanks again.

  4. atom503
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Okay, I'm going to reply again, but only to say that I fixed the problem with the broken AJAX in my dashboard. All I did was to re-copy all of the files and folders from the wp-includes folder on my machine to the wp-includes folder on my server. I did not re-copy the folder itself, just all the contents. That may or may not be important. Anyway, once I did that, the AJAX in the dashboard seems to be working fine. My widgets on my Pages are still screwed up, but I'll try banging up against that issue again.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic