WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

W3 Total Cache
[resolved] Test CDN: Unable to resolve to CDN (3 posts)

  1. David Radovanovic
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    http://cdn.chefsconsortium.com/ thru http://cdn8.chefsconsortium.com/ all resolve fine though when using the "Test S3 upload & Cloudfront distribtion" button it always returns with Error: Unable to resolve hostname: cdn.chefsconsortium.com. With just the cloudront domain it passes. So, I used the ******.cloudfront.net domain to upload assets.

    Anyone else has had the same issue?

    Thanks!

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/

  2. David Radovanovic
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I had improperly chosen the "Origin Push" method in the CDN settings (General tab). The better method is "Pull (Mirror)". Then, before enabling CDN, I went to CDN tab and completed the Configuration. I then created a CloudFront Distribution via "Create Distribution" button and S3 Bucket attached to it.

    Returned back to "General" tab and enabled CDN, once again ensuring that the Origin Pull method was selected in the dropdown.

    Now, I'm up in the process of "importing attachments into the Media Library" after selecting "Import external media library attachments" checkbox in General setting tab.

    We'll see what happens next, since I'm running domain mapping in a WPMU installation and noticed that the Distribution's Origin url is different than the mapped domain, e.g., site1.MyWPMUmainSITE.com (Origin url) and site1.com (mapped to url). Hopefully the redirect won't mess things up.

  3. David Radovanovic
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    The rest of the story:

    Well, as stated I stated the "Media Library import", a.k.a "importing attachments into the Media Library" and after 63% the server froze. Even after multiple reboots all the sites on the WPMU would time out when trying to load their pages.

    My web host (ServInt) increased the php mem to 256mb from 128mb. I then renamed the root .htaccess file to .htaccessBAK with the hope WP would regenerate a new .htaccess. It did but without any directives.

    I then, did a "Re-install Now" of WordPress 3.5.1. All the setting in W3TC seemed to return to its defaults. Then I followed a manual procedure of add all the .htaccess files as displayed in the "Install" tab under the W3TC UI.

    NOTE: When re-configuring CDN (Amazon CloudFront) that the correct url was displayed this time around for the "Origin: http://www.site1.com Create Distribution" button!

    Again, I'm now in the process of "importing attachments into the Media Library" after selecting "Import external media library attachments" checkbox in General setting tab. Very slow going. Hopefully php mem of 256mb will hold up this time.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic