Was pointed to this thread just today itself. Instead of defending everything outright, I'd like to mention some of the facts here.
- We live in different timezone (GMT +5:30) and that results in response delay of about 12 hours.
- other than me, We do have two full time and one part time support person working for templatic.
- We do have thorough documentation on file permissions and common issues but they are separate and not mentioned in theme installation guide (because they are not directly part of the theme.) But i am taking this note and will be updating all the guides referring to the seperate documentation one needs.
- We do receive two type of customization support request. The part of support is basic customization like theme troubleshooting, minor design tweaks and so on which are directly are part of the theme.
- advanced customization request such as adding new custom fields in forms (which require complete change in programming), adding entirely new features which feels nice to have but the ones that we have not included in the theme (nor we are claiming to have them). Naturally we have to deny this because that is not something we sell. Also it takes days for us to simply add the feature user ask which is not a part of our theme.
@minimoe - I wish to ignore the comment on our beloved country India but when you are referring to whole country, I've to defend. If problems are there, they are in us and not in our country. In our about page, we do proudly mention that we are from India and taking hint from phone number is not necessary. I do not see any why living in country like US automagically makes you guy superior but anyway, this is not a discussion thread about that.
having said all this, I am going sit back again and rethink the overall support at templatic and resolve to improve Documentation, New help articles, Support desk and in any other way possible.